HWBOT Community Forums

Overclocking i3 7350K

Tok64

Hi, Im trying overclock my i3 7350K with nitrogen cooling. The problem is that i cant go pass 1,52v on core voltage in bios. I have managed to pass 1,52v in intel extreme tuning utility, but then it is current limit throttling and it start after I put 1,52v or more. My motherboard is MSI Z270-A Pro. Any tips? On more question how can I higher core voltage in bios?

What have you managed to get with 1.52v?

I don't know much about that board, do you mean it doesn't have the option to increase it further in the bios?

Usually if the vcore reach a max value, you could go higher setting an offset on top of that value.

Looking at the bios there is the vcore option with Adaptive/Override + offset.

Also looking at the bios there is some options related to the cpu protection in the DigitAll power tab that should be disabled.

Usually if the vcore reach a max value, you could go higher setting an offset on top of that value.

Looking at the bios there is the vcore option with Adaptive/Override + offset.

Also looking at the bios there is some options related to the cpu protection in the DigitAll power tab that should be disabled.

I have try changing vcore option from adaptive to override + offset and max core voltage was locket in bios but in intel extreme tuning utility i could put the core voltage up to 2v, but it was current throttling after 1,52 on core voltage. I will try checking the cpu protection options and post result.Thanks everyone for trying to help me.