HWBOT Community Forums

new cascade - built by piotres in 2017 :]

piotres

Hello

Maybe some of You remember mine phase-change builds which I made in 2006-2011 years. This year I back a bit to building phase-change, I repair few units and build one new cascade :)

I want to show You mine 2017 cascade. 28K + 25K BTU Toshiba rotaries, gauges, temperature displays and bartx's 65mm diam evap which made superb work :).

Performance: evaporator on 400W = -96*C, on 530-540W (max of bartx's dummyload) = -92*C.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Regards

Piotr

Nice to see you back in action. :)

Maybe you can remember your ultramarin blue cascade built back in 2007. This baby still works like a charm and didn't have a single issue. All I had to "fix" was a small piece of armaflex fallen off.

This piece of art brought us a few global world records. And it is much stronger than it was built for...

Performance: evaporator on 400W = -96*C, on 530-540W (max of bartx's dummyload) = -92*C.

Last year we ran a 5960X with a calculated power draw of about 500W in wPrime 1024M. Highest evap-temperature was -89C. Not bad for a nine year old unit built for -96C at 250W.

Hats off for this masterpiece... :)

Did you drown it into the water to check for leaks?

Yes, exactly, I want to be 100% sure :).

Awesome work. What refrigerant did you use on each stage?

R507/R1150 (ethylene)

Nice to see you back in action. :)

Maybe you can remember your ultramarin blue cascade built back in 2007. This baby still works like a charm and didn't have a single issue. All I had to "fix" was a small piece of armaflex fallen off.

This piece of art brought us a few global world records. And it is much stronger than it was built for...

Last year we ran a 5960X with a calculated power draw of about 500W in wPrime 1024M. Highest evap-temperature was -89C. Not bad for a nine year old unit built for -96C at 250W.

Hats off for this masterpiece... :)

Sure I remember You - You were the only one from abroad of Poland who made a personal pickup of unit in past so I remember that well :).

Good to hear that this unit is still working well. I very like that colour :).

That's my new cascade guys !!!!!

It is a monster I can tell you and it is beautifully build.

With the new BartX EVAP design (good for 550Watt dummyload) and the skills of Peter this is one of the best unit in the world.

Some numbers :

I did not add a temp sensor to the side of the cpu, so I can only tell you the EVAP temps during the benchmarks.

Core I9 7900X @ 5350-5400Mhz with around 1.5 Volt.

CB15: Idle -110 degrees -> Load -106 degrees

XTU: Idle -110 degrees -> Load -107 degrees

CPU Vantage test : Idle -110 degrees -> Load -106 degrees

These delta in temps almost are as good as Ln2.

Next step is to test Wprime 1024 and I want to test the unit by doing a custom run of Vantage CPU test with a loop

That way we can see what the unit is really capable off :-)

That's my new cascade guys !!!!!

It is a monster I can tell you and it is beautifully build.

With the new BartX EVAP design (good for 550Watt dummyload) and the skills of Peter this is one of the best unit in the world.

Some numbers :

I did not add a temp sensor to the side of the cpu, so I can only tell you the EVAP temps during the benchmarks.

Core I9 7900X @ 5350-5400Mhz with around 1.5 Volt.

CB15: Idle -110 degrees -> Load -106 degrees

XTU: Idle -110 degrees -> Load -107 degrees

CPU Vantage test : Idle -110 degrees -> Load -106 degrees

These delta in temps almost are as good as Ln2.

Next step is to test Wprime 1024 and I want to test the unit by doing a custom run of Vantage CPU test with a loop

That way we can see what the unit is really capable off :-)

first of all , 550w load tester is not same as 550W cpu multicore load! , the heat generate by an semiconductor is much above heat generate by an resistance ! also heat intensity reaction speed is much faster using cpu as load than a resistance! that way many units fall hold load , even builder say is tuned for 400w heatload!

my all units are tested in real time !using cpu or gpu when i charge and adjust metering device!

the last BartX evap was born when i start to test ( 2016)all kind of evap and design , we speak in privat and send him an pic with my troughts, he add some few and new things for this design and was born first 54mm evap , then this 65mm! before my nobody speak about DeltaT for an banal phase evap !