HWBOT Community Forums

When are new rules going to be enforced?

Hey guys, just wanting to know when new rules will be ready? 'Cause it's really funny when I get a score blocked after almost a year for "hardware sharing", knowing that those new rules should come up any moment now. And I also get a "final warning" message...What's that about when it comes to scores from 1 year ago?

So? Any progress with those?

We won't go into this conversation again, I hope. Just that "final warning" on a score 1 year older seems a little bit harsh to me....Since a few months we gave some suggestions about a solution to this, and RB said it is going to be implemented in the new rules. So I am asking when those new rules are going to be enforced...Any news about that?

JMKE.....We are waiting for a new set of rules from HWB that will make that issue fair for everybody, and the suggestion about those are on the forums since months. I will NOT get into a debate about that again, there are dozens of posts regarding that on the threads we had those conversations about, and all the arguments are there. There is also a huge sticky here http://www.hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1473

Last time I looked around there there was supposed to be a new set of rules that was going to make the hardware situation fair for everybody, and you guys also talked about that. Now you are telling me that those rules are not even being discussed by you guys anymore???

I am not saying anything about that score, according to the actual rules it is sharing so it has been removed, no argue about that. Just that I don't like threats like "final warning" regardin a score that is 1 year old....

Edited by Monstru

No Frederik, unfortunately I was referring to hardware sharing and making all this game fair for everybody, but I see that after all that talk and suggestions (and you know some can be implemented) nothing has come to that idea, and that makes me sad....we all have talked for nothing, and all the changes I believed in are never going to happen... I guess I am going to build a review site here, to get some free hardware like rest of the people, because I am sick and tired to compete from my own pocket against sponsored guys or hardware review sites that get free hardware. And if a few guys cannot join forces to make it easier (and you know what i am talking about, not for team points, but for the fairness of everybody that contributed having that little score in front of him, not in points) then....what can I say.......

Hipro.....I started this thread to ask when new rules are going to be enforced, but it seems that is not going to happen after all. If you want to see my opinion about that read the dedicated thread, I do not have time to post that here again. And yes, that can be done, and we all know that, but the fear that some top dogs will loose their edge and they might not like that makes this impossible to implement... And I also started this thread because i do not appreciate "warnings" like that....

Ah...JMKE....sorry....the bold letters and the attitude misled me....;)

Edited by Monstru