HWBOT Community Forums

Whats going on with Team Crazy-OC Germany?

BenchBros

Individual points = all global points + up to 300 hardware points

Team points = all global points of all members + all hardware points of all members

Bwanasoft has an incredible amount of hardware points, but only 300 are addressed to his personal total.

Individual points = all global points + up to 300 hardware points

Bwanasoft has an incredible amount of hardware points, but only 300 are addressed to his personal total.

I don't understant this can you be more specific?

I have 287 points,if i go over 300 how the points will be calculate?

Why only 300 hardware points are addressed to Bwanasoft's personal total if he has more?

stealth

This is like punishing people that they don't have money to spend for high end systems.

To get global points you need very good system and very good cooling,also you need to chase technology and these cost a lot of money.

So good overclockers/benchers if they don't have the money never will be able to get high in the ranking,it doesn't sounds fair to me.

Is this an advantage (promotion) for rich people?

stealth

Edited by stealth

who, do you think, is a better overclocker?

- guy who runs highend hardware close to its limits scoring global WRs (quality)

- guy who runs thousands of CPUs near stock frequency (quantity)

since those two are completely different categories - there are two separate ranking at hwbot for either kinds of benchers :)

- guy who runs highend hardware close to its limits scoring global WRs (quality)

since those two are completely different categories - there are two separate ranking at hwbot for either kinds of benchers :)

WR is a question of "good" bencher one session which will give him tens of points, and scoring even on stock frequencies rare cpus, gpus for those tens points given for WR

i dunno where is more work and time needed ;) lol i would argue ;) also money spent can be different coz usually the new cpus are given by intel or amd ;)

but all in all i never expected that pointing system would be fair ;)

and also point that exist in one category (team) and not exsist in other (personal) sounds ridiculous imho

we're not having this conversation again. HWboints rev2 introduced the Hardware Point cap to stop grinders without limiting overclockers in their search for more points. over time we might increase the Hardware Point cap, but it will always remain in place to prevent Quantity to be the factor instead of Quality

more reading: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=523&highlight=grinders

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1133&highlight=grinders

are grinders threat for kingpin? :P

Let's put it this way.

Do you think that running on LN2 a hand picked CPU a cherry picked Vmoded mobo and hand picked Vmoded graphics without have to worry if you burn the CPU and the VGAs makes you a better overclocker/bencher?

My friend both run our systems on the edge...with a different way.

@jmke,

Sorry mate i didn't mean to...just had some questions,i didn't even know that this conversation happened before.

I don't ask for anything:)

stealth

Edited by stealth

As long as a LOT of the HW listed doesn't even have all "point slots" filled, the limit has to be there, or it would be VERY easy to get a top 5 global score. Just bench a whole lot of old-school HW @ stock - till you've reached your goal.

However, the limit is awfully low, it needs to be raised a bit... You're no threat to anything when you're at 160th place (300 points).

Just bench a whole lot of old-school HW @ stock - till you've reached your goal.

I haven't bench an old-school HW,i bought every single CPU from the 25+ i have,every mobo and every graphics card and i don't run them at stock as you can see in my profile.

I have all of them and i can bench them again any time i want (except two CPUs i fried).

Nobady gave anything to me and nobady did a favor to me.

As i said i don't ask for anything,i will reach 300 points and then i am not going to bench again old HW.

When i be able to buy competitive hardware i will bench again.

stealth

Edited by stealth

Great team spirit !!

This has nothing to do with team spirit.

To keep benching old HW i have to buy it,instead i can save the money and when i be able i will buy something that can be competitive.

What strange did you see on this?

stealth

To keep benching old HW i have to buy it,instead i can save the money and when i be able i will buy something that can be competitive.

stealth

to be competitive u also have to have LN2 ;)

stealth

You say you'll stop benching when you reach 300 HW points, while when you keep benching, you still help the team.

I don't understand you last two comments, Jurek :P

first was to stealth

second was to You meaning that kingpin gains points for himself and for team making global boints and guy who reaches 300 boints on hardware has no chance of gaining more persolnal boints and all he can do is to help team