HWBOT Community Forums

crossfirex in xp?

Bustah

anyone know how to get crosfirex to work in xp?

ccc says its enabled but gpuz shows only 2 gpus working? should show 4 as it does in vista.

and the scores tell me its not working.

I tried installing a direct x 10 patch for xp, but that doesnt change crossfire x.

I enabled cgi in my bios, no change.

If anyone knows something I dont please post here.

thanks in advance.

Thats what I thought but there are scores in aquamark and 2001 using xp crossfirex is enabled and 4 gpus shown in gpuz shots?

I found the directx 10 patch surfing the net, I think all it does is allow users to play direct x 10 games in xp, has made no difference in benchmarks at all.

Edited by BUSTAMOVE

XP can officially only support up to 2 GPU's with Vista required for 3 or 4 GPU configurations. Hacked drivers would be responsible for anything different. What's hwbot's policy on this? Anything goes?

/Off topic

DirectX 10 is posible under Windows XP - I got it working:

http://www.digitalreport.net/content/view/90/1/

As all DX10 games are expecting to be run on Vista, there's a whole host of problems you come up against when installing and running the games.

e.g

3DVantagee just won't install.

Crysis needs you to swap some files around and even then still says it's running DX9 "Very High" mode.

Crysis frequently locks up and crashes even when it does run.

I'd classify it as a proof of concept or alpha release at the moment, not practical for use or benchmarks yet.

r1ch;22800']XP can officially only support up to 2 GPU's with Vista required for 3 or 4 GPU configurations. Hacked drivers would be responsible for anything different. What's hwbot's policy on this? Anything goes?

If it would be shared with the community, I don't see why we would have a problem with it :).