HWBOT Community Forums

cheaters sucks..

pro

James, who is pathetic in this case is actually you.

If the handpicked hardware sent you by manufacturers (Corsair, ASUS, Giga) can't reach certain frequency you claim it impossible, right?

As for the Vmem on the PiFast score, it was 2.61 actually (same as on other results) (it's actually read 2.608V by BIOS monitoring tool, I compared that tool with DMM reading on that board with lower Vmem and it's +/- 0.01v)

And why are you claiming that fsb650 is impossible on an ASUS X48 board if ... *cough, cough* ... you've hit similar FSB speeds yourself? :D

EDIT: oh, I get it, ASUS didn't send you a handpicked P5E64WS Evo yet, my bad :(

Edited by TaPaKaH

James, in case if you never had experience with P5E64 WS Evo and RampageExtreme - they are exactly same in terms of OC (not considering "gem" board factor), only that the Evo is less bling and less $ (me and mrlobber don't have multi kilo$ budget extra to spend on "bling")

The board was not handpicked in any way, it was originally bought from a German e-shop that doesn't give a damn about their customers. I DO NOT GET HANDPICKED HARDWARE DIRECT FROM MANUFACTURERS.

You need to learn a lesson (same as I did a while back): don't draw conclusions about hardware you've never owned :)

As for 660MHz CL4 with 2.61V, I have to admit, I have seen better mems ;)

You seem to be an extremely lucky guy.

You have the best CPU in the world by far.

You have the best DDR3 in the world by far. (tRAS 15 at 1040 is unheard of. I'll admit I've done similar speeds myself, but certainly not at such low tRAS...and completing a 32M run at over 2.3v??)

You have the best DDR2 in the world by far. (660 CAS 4 is not that difficult with the right pair, but at 1:1???)

You have the best P5E64 WS Evolution in the world by far (while good in its own right, this board behaves nothing like a Rampage at all. The FSB isn't so much an issue as it is the ram clocking, and not only that, anyone that's tried this on multiple X48's can attest that the 5:8 is extremely difficult at anything past ~620 normally, even if the ram is up to it. One would need well over 1.7v MCH to have a prayer of pulling off such a ram frequency, and even more still to get 5:8 working...)

You have the best Biostar T45 in the world

All of your scores seem plausible to me. What's so hard to stomach here is that you apparently had lightning strike four times in the same place.

Edited by Gautam

We all know who gets the best "handpicked" hardware, so, let's follow the same principal and call them cheaters, shall we?

You have the best CPU in the world by far.
Well, I admit that I have spent a lot of time handpicking my CPU at the warehouse I used to work at, but I don't think I have the best one (boble and andre had 6.8G chips, jowi has 6.53G 32M "without pushing it much" chip)
You have the best DDR3 in the world by far.
the scores are irrelevant to the memory kit I was using. We could hit roughly same clocks with two other DDR3 sets I currently own. (those are not handpicked in any way)
You have the best DDR2 in the world by far.
No. I've seen multiple D9GMH sets that could do 600MHz CL4 32M at 2.35V DMM or lower (mine can't do that)
You have the best Biostar T45 in the world
Why do you think it's best? I reckon mine's one of the worst :D

Anyone, and I DO MEEN ANYONE who had put mch subzero could hit 650+ benchable.

Well, I admit that I have spent a lot of time handpicking my CPU at the warehouse I used to work at, but I don't think I have the best one (boble and andre had 6.8G chips, jowi has 6.53G 32M "without pushing it much" chip)

No one has come close to 6.7GHz for 1M.

the scores are irrelevant to the memory kit I was using. We could hit roughly same clocks with two other DDR3 sets I currently own. (those are not handpicked in any way)

You must be the only one then, that speed at tRAS 15 is uncompletely unmatched.

No. I've seen multiple D9GMH sets that could do 600MHz CL4 32M at 2.35V DMM or lower (mine can't do that)

I myself had a pair that could do that. It still needed 2.8v for 660 4-4-4 1M, and that at 2:3 divider. 1:1 is MUCH harder.

Why do you think it's best? I reckon mine's one of the worst :D

Anyone, and I DO MEEN ANYONE who had put mch subzero could hit 650+ benchable.

Fine, I'll give you that.

And why didn't you address the board? That's the strangest thing here. An X48 that can do 1040MHz mem at ANY timings on 5:8 at 1.61v??? And of all boards, the P5E64 Evo which is especially weak in clocking memory??

At least understand why your results fall under scrutiny every time. They are always very very unusual in fashion. You always use strange hardware configurations and manage to hit unheard of speeds with it. (And always at efficiencies that no one else can match)

(e.g. Blitz Extreme at 610 PL8, 790i at 616 with P1/P2, 8800GTS at 1240 core, and let's not forget the magical 8MB cache E6400)

And now all of this. Maybe one aspect of any one score of yours might be possible to believe, but all of this coming from one person, time and time again?

I don't think you've ever once shown a "normal" benchmark score. Every score you've ever put up in the past two years has always had something very odd about it. No one else has ever done any scores that are even similar to the ones you do in nature.

Edited by Gautam

I myself had a pair that could do that. It still needed 2.8v for 660 4-4-4 1M, and that at 2:3 divider. 1:1 is MUCH harder.
not THAT much harder than you might expect. At least with TP45HP (you can ask anyone else if you don't trust me) going from 5-5-5-15 to tighter mem settings (like 5-4-4 or 4-4-4, if your mems can do that) doesn't hurt FSB by more than 2-3MHz
And why didn't you address the board? That's the strangest thing here. An X48 that can do 1040MHz mem at ANY timings on 5:8 at 1.61v??? And of all boards, the P5E64 Evo which is especially weak in clocking memory??
not ANY timings. at 7-6-5-18 the thing would not even POST. I find 7-6-6-15 the best in terms of stability/performance for benching at memspeeds over 1000MHz.

1.61Vmch = yes, not mistaken. It was the sweet spot for this specific board as X48 does not like high mch (unlike p35/p45)

e.g. Blitz Extreme at 610 PL8, 790i at 616 with P1/P2, 8800GTS at 1240 core, and let's not forget the magical 8MB cache E6400
- 600+ PL8 you can see these days from a Rampage Extreme which is based on a X48 chipset, which has worse FSB/tRD ratio than P35

- 790i at 616 ... well, you saw from couple of guys (jody/vince) that it IS possible, didn't you?

- 8800GTS at 1240core. There were people who ran 1200+ on dry ice and 1250+ on LN2. Why don't we accuse them in cheating as well? :D

- 4Mb to be precise. Back in early C2D days it was common that "white box" ESes had cache misread by CPUz.

This thread with all the name calling is going nowhere, IMHO.

If you got any concerns, please post them to hwbot crew and I'll be happy to work them through :)

• Thanks 1

I mean that no one has ever done such high memory speeds even at CAS 8 or whatever on the Evolution, let alone CAS 7. How are you doing such speeds at only 1.61v with a clearly stock cooled board according to your pics?

Vince has P1 and P2 off, with LN2 on the northbridge. Jody I believe did 600 flat for Everest with them on, also with LN2 on the northbridge, or single stage for his latest run.

As for 8800 GTS, I see no one even coming close:

http://www.hwbot.org/quickSearch.do?hardwareId=GPU_1255&name=GeForce+8800+GTS+512+Mb+%283974%29

elmor and no_name are the only ones pushing mid 1100's. Even 1100 is a struggle with this card normally. And somehow you got TWO that are 100MHz better than the best on that list.

We can go through this hardware by hardware, but you have had so much highly unusual hardware that it's clearly going to take a while.

I'm not calling you names or suggesting anything, just making some observations. And you're right, this is going to go nowhere. Again your scores theoretically don't seem impossible or anything, but when you sit down and look at all of these anomalies together it raises an eyebrow...you have gone through a lot of insanely cherry hardware for a guy that claims that none of it is even handpicked.

Edited by Gautam

Heh, I even don't know what to think, especially youngpro's words. With all my respect to him for his past benching achievements, I guess, now for him probably the only bench worth benching looks like to be Vantage, because there you don't need much skill, and can run on newly sponsored hardware, the more pricey the better.

For the Evo, this is kiwi's previous board. He can confirm it run for him in the fsb 640ish range. If you don't believe him, then maybe let us call every overclocker from Latvia a cheater from now on, and that's it. At least that's what youngpro already did in the interview for the overclockers magazine back in the day.

Sorry, usually I don't participate in such discussions, but couldn't resist from flaming a little as well.

Gautam at least logically tries coming to a point.

First of all, this is not a lightning struck 4 times case. Guess what, why I put the description of Team Latvia under the scores? Because this is not Sam's only hardware, the Evo was mine, the Corsairs were mine as well. Now the lightning strike is 2 times smaller.

Some more proof:

A singlechannel DDR3 clocks validation on the Evo... not so bad, I think.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=440599

A fsb validation:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=440454

The E8600... oh well, I've got one retail sample - the only one E8600 I've ever got, which runs 32M 6400 dead stable. Now that would put me already on like top5 in the 32M HoF if I wanted. Damn luck, considering my usual bought hardware crappiness... but even according to probability theory in a long term something like this might happen. Well, Sam's one is even better... yes, it subsequently can run the CPU benches faster. Anyway, the next owner of this cpu (as far as I know Sam's intention to sell it) will be able to confirm it.

Cannot comment on Biostar, as this is not my board and Sam did all the tweaking / investigation on it. That ghetto chipset pot helps though.

Touching the past a little, for the 8800GTS...To my knowledge, Sam still has one of these two with him? Buy it, and see it for yourself.

Now the EVGA board didn't want to run in my hands nowhere as good as in Sam's hands... If not for the corruption stuff (yes, even with the latest bioses), the EVGA would still be with me, and I'd gladly let it be investigated by those wondering about the magic.

But I acknowledge my skill not being close to Sam's, giving the time and devotion he has invested in overclocking in the past 3 years, I'd say, on average 4+ hours a day lol. And it eventually pays off (although obviously also earning you a "cheater reputation" as well).

• Crew

two 8800gts over 1200 in sli

790i 616fsb with p1/p2

evo that clocks ram past 1030 32m

ddr3 passing 32m past 1040mhz tas15

ddr2 passing 32m 1:1 past 660mhz cas4

e8600 1m near 6.7ghz

buy a lottery ticket dude because yous one lucky guy

Edited by pro

George, I wanted to go to HIT but it's incompatible with my wallet/university schedule.

All those ASUS/Giga/MSI comps organised - I couldn't take part. Partly, because of age restrictions (just turned 18), partly due to living in a country those brands are not bothered about.

I'll go to CeBIT 2009 (already booked cheap airline tickets to Hannover) if I can find a cheap place to stay :)

Maan, modern OC community really sucks.

As it turns out, it is illegal to tweak, it is illegal to have good hardware/handpick ... looks like the only opportunity to survive is by "quantity" (spending lots of kilo$ on Vantage rigs) ... until someone says "meh, I can't believe you can afford this stuff, you cheat", LOL.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 1