HWBOT Community Forums

RAM OverClocking Section ...

SSA

i've a suggestion :

create a new section on the main site like video cards and CPUs for memories that it has ranking , points , etc .

it could be nice becasue you can have a differents parts like "Memory Frequiecy " , Sandra Test , EVEREST and ... .

what's your idea?

I thought about the same in the past, but I guess one major problem is, that ram-dividers are often bugged. It's very difficult to prove the correctness of a score if you can't even trust CPU-Z-validations. Even if you know about this fact, you can be foold by yourself, if you forget to set the right strap and so on. If you consider, that almost every two weeks somebody shows a SPi 32M "world record" just by mixing up Wprime and Super Pi, I don't think we will see a fair competition there.

Another problem is, how much categories do we want to have? Think about FSB, GPU clock, VRAM, Shader-ALUs,...

I thought about the same in the past, but I guess one major problem is, that ram-dividers are often bugged. It's very difficult to prove the correctness of a score if you can't even trust CPU-Z-validations. Even if you know about this fact, you can be foold by yourself, if you forget to set the right strap and so on. If you consider, that almost every two weeks somebody shows a SPi 32M "world record" just by mixing up Wprime and Super Pi, I don't think we will see a fair competition there.

Another problem is, how much categories do we want to have? Think about FSB, GPU clock, VRAM, Shader-ALUs,...

dear hyperhorn its right about buggy dividers but it's simple to reject that validations like Gigabyte Memory OverClocking Championship .

i've a question : is there any moderator , webmaster or ... that check these threads ?!