HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Super Tuner Contest ! thread.

Rasparthe

• Crew
look at gradus and stummerwinter's sli'd 280...

or im wrong lol

and vivi's dual gpu bug is a bug indeed for sli drivers...

yes you are wrong :P

sandy bridge and 2x gpu have a nature wall at 1750.

It will be very close, but i think 2x 275 won't beat 1x 275.

Maybe a single 295 hmm. Dinos any reports of a 295 going past 1750 ish nature?

look at this result

http://www.hwbot.org/community/submission/2159231_vivi_3dmark2001_se_2x_geforce_gtx_275_130468_marks

When i did 1200 core on each 275 on ln2, nature didnt budge, and drag high went from an air 1070fps to a ln2 1080 fps. So all tests are limited, not only nature.

Dual card wont win this comp i think, but 295 might

Edited by Vivi

Given that nothing is written, I suppose yes, but anyway here is the question: we can partecipate using 1, 2, 3 o 4 videocards, in the different categories? So, no distinction is made basing on number of cards but only on gpu type (nvidia 200, nvidia 400 and radeon 4000).

Thanks!

edit: nevermind, already answered a few posts above, my fault :)

Edited by |ron

for people that have issues with the comps why not provide some well thought out suggestions on how to do it better

one that was alluded was dual and single cards > Honda you have not tested it so that really isn't an argument until you fire up the rigs. SB is definitely different from E8600, a lot different :) vivi would be able to tell you what a struggle it is to really do a lot better when switching to duals. There are some interesting things and James and I will test with dual but no matter what the outcome why not TRY first before you giveup :D. For me the fun part is the 2-3 weeks of pretesting to figure shit out. Pumping out scores in the end is cool also but unless there is someone pushing you what's the point :).

Maxi > what do you suggest? A fixed frequency comp? Who will administer all the cheaters? Doing this like MSI and Gigabyte did in live comp is fine as you have judges looking over people's shoulders but what about online? There was a fair few cheaters last time in H55 comp! Sam even tried to win that H55 comp and when hwbot figured him out he goes off and chucks a major tantrum and makes a youtube video setting a GBT board on fire. How will you know who is being legit? Unfortunately there will always be opportunist asshats which want the prize or recognition by taking shortcuts and it ruins the whole comp for everyone.

What makes you say that this is not a tuning contest? Have you benched with big clocks on GPU with 01? Look at the current rankings with suicide 135K vs smoke 132K. You have yourself a 100MHz+ window in which you can still compete seriously maybe more depending on who you are up against, what setup they are on and what they are doing with their hardware. That gap will reduce as smoke starts tweaking more or will it i dont know but there is certainly no 3K difference between those setup, it's how it was tuned that made the biggest impact. This competition is certainly not all CPU and there is a tonne of shit to figure out to get the setup running just right.

This competition is perfect for anyone that loves tweaking 01 imo as you will have people with 5GHz and upwards CPU and you will have people doing similar points as you and it will be up to YOU to make outdo that guy. This comp you have to push your GPUs HARD. Without some serious clocking and tuning you will need hundreds of extra CPU Mhz to outdo someone with higher GPU clocks and tuning. That's the cool thing about comps for me. You find your opponent, hone in and let loose.

If the prize draw was $3K+ for top spot or something like that sure then it would be a different ballgame but hwbot & Gbt are just giving ppl something interesting to bench every month. it's up to you to make it fun for yourself or skip and try the next one imo.

Okay I'm pretty new here but wanted to get involved in the competition, just one small question. What has to be included in the verification screenshot? (Other than 3DMark01 results obviously)

EDIT: Oh and the competition background, I assume this has to be your wallpaper in the screenshot, right?

Edited by Nathan94124
Added question

Okay I'm pretty new here but wanted to get involved in the competition, just one small question. What has to be included in the verification screenshot? (Other than 3DMark01 results obviously)

EDIT: Oh and the competition background, I assume this has to be your wallpaper in the screenshot, right?

hey man there are example screens of submissions once you try enter so just use that as guide and yes that needs to be your wallpaper