HWBOT Community Forums

Quick POLL - 3DMark 2011 yay or nay.

3DMark 2011 For points or not  

140 members have voted

1. 1. 3DMark 2011 For points or not

• Allow all points. Global, WR, HW.
    • Keep as is, only HW.

I remember the original reason for its exclusion. I voted yes, IF and only IF the HWB staff are satisfied it cant be casually hacked or cheated.

P.S..... for performance only, Easy and Hard can stay as they are

I say Yes on 11 having all points, but are there cases of it being hacked or cheated? I see a result or two that look high for the clocks, but how would hwbot know? SS & valid link required, maybe?

• Crew

Same issue for me... 01 is really really interesting... but seems kinda easy to cheat also and influenced strongly with regular hack... My point would be since no special version with ant-cheat detection etc.... nay...

otherwise that Bench is the most fun to play with so yay xD

I say Yes on 11 having all points, but are there cases of it being hacked or cheated? I see a result or two that look high for the clocks, but how would hwbot know? SS & valid link required, maybe?

Yes, 30 minutes after we started testing internally, we were already able to submit hacked results.

It should have been fixed, though. When we reported the issue to FM, they released a patch version that fixed the way we could cheat it. Can't remember if we spend more time on it after that. Maybe we should ...

Yes, 30 minutes after we started testing internally, we were already able to submit hacked results.

It should have been fixed, though. When we reported the issue to FM, they released a patch version that fixed the way we could cheat it. Can't remember if we spend more time on it after that. Maybe we should ...

Hmm almost 5 to 1 :D Yah maybe u should reconsider that.

Ok, yes, but I'm talking contemporaneously, not on the release date. You could downclock cpu to boost heaven when it came out too.....but you later fixed it with the hwbot front end.

If FM has long fixed the issues you found in 11, which I'm pretty sure they did, why is it an issue? You would need to go through the same process you always do when adding a benchmark, and once you are comfortable with it, add the points.

HW points are already added so you must feel that there is already a low level of risk associated with hacked/cheated 11 results.

FM will never release a fully protected benchmark. It's annoying because it's yet another instance of FM ignoring something that's been pointed out to them many times in the past. Heaven has more protection than 11 does currently.