HWBOT Community Forums

Read Before Posting

Massman

In this thread you can post your suggestions for new HWBOT applications. To keep it easy for the developers, please include the following topics in your post:

- description: what is the application supposed to do

- sketch: quick sketch on how you visualize the application

- language: no, not english, but what coding language

- already started developing? (yes/no)

- what kind of help you need (no $$)

Thanks for the input!

I built a website named hwspecs, it was planned to have on it all computers components with a picture + short description + all specs(when I say all, it's all) + a datasheet of the product to download.

I sent an email to ~157 brand/manufacturers, around 10 replied yes and gave me full access to they website and datasheets.

Some others told me to find what I need on they website, but discontinued products was not more there, datasheets and specs were missing, sometimes pics too, it was an hardwork for me to find all info and send email to the tech support to have missed info.

the other ones never replied :(

But being alone and adding all computers parts from 1992 to 2011+ was too much for me so I put the website offline not long ago.

I hope in the future I can open this project again.

Edited by Christian Ney

• 6 months later...
I built a website named hwspecs, it was planned to have on it all computers components with a picture + short description + all specs(when I say all, it's all) + a datasheet of the product to download.

I sent an email to ~157 brand/manufacturers, around 10 replied yes and gave me full access to they website and datasheets.

Some others told me to find what I need on they website, but discontinued products was not more there, datasheets and specs were missing, sometimes pics too, it was an hardwork for me to find all info and send email to the tech support to have missed info.

the other ones never replied :(

But being alone and adding all computers parts from 1992 to 2011+ was too much for me so I put the website offline not long ago.

I hope in the future I can open this project again.

count me in for this project :P