HWBOT Community Forums

The official MOA 2011 Team HWBOT Qualifier thread.

Massman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! Finally the last slot for MOA 2011 WorldWide is coming, good luck fellas! :D

EDIT :

Not too shabby, but still... Shahryar has a good point. Gonna get MSI to post BIOSes locked to x50? :D

You're right m8. How HWBOT supposed to validate if someone really uses 50x CPU Multi in this competition?

Edited by Lucky_n00b

Some ppl here in Brazil came up with one doubt about the prizes. Just to make it clear, the ticket goes to the one with the most points on the sum of all stages or it goes to the winner of each stage??

I understood that it is only for the higher average score in the three stages but some ppl understood that each stage will qualify someone to represent hwbot on worldwide finals. I'd like to make everybody sure about the rules ;)

Thanks!!

EDIT:

One question without much sense that I'd like to ask: by the rules we are obligated to use x50 ratio, so if someone wants to use x49 it will be against the rules, isn't it?

Edited by gnidaol

Some ppl here in Brazil came up with one doubt about the prizes. Just to make it clear, the ticket goes to the one with the most points on the sum of all stages or it goes to the winner of each stage??

I understood that it is only for the higher average score in the three stages but some ppl understood that each stage will qualify someone to represent hwbot on worldwide finals. I'd like to make everybody sure about the rules ;)

Thanks!!

One question without much sense that I'd like to ask: by the rules we are obligated to use x50 ratio, so if someone wants to use x49 it will be against the rules, isn't it?

- Only one ticket to win in this contest: overall winner of all stages

- Yes, you can use x49. I've updated the results.

I'll ask if MSI wants the cpu limit in the 3D stage as well.

Before you start benching, check the rules carefuly! You need to provide a CPU-Z validation of your run with the exact settings and have the end result in the title. Also, we can always ask you to re-run and video the result after the competition!

Of course, cheating means immediate ban from HWBOT.

So any updates about the locked multi tracing?

I suppose that the price is high enough to ask the participants to provide videos with their results (at least I would be ready to make one with my soapy digital camera if I participated) or catch the entire bench-sessions on Livestream with video-recording enabled and detailed view of what is going on the screen.

Again, no changes about the locked multi for 3DM11 runs?

There's no need to inject sarcasm in an attempt to undermine participation. It's more the fact that I now know my score is more useless than before, probably last, and it completely wasted my time doing the testing and run(s) involved. No-one likes to see moving goalposts at any stage of a competition, especially one sponsored by a multi-national and hosted on the main website of a sport/hobby.

Perhaps next time I will make a personal note to never accept rules finalised until the last day of competition, then participate.

There's no need to inject sarcasm in an attempt to undermine participation. It's more the fact that I now know my score is more useless than before, probably last, and it completely wasted my time doing the testing and run(s) involved. No-one likes to see moving goalposts at any stage of a competition, especially one sponsored by a multi-national and hosted on the main website of a sport/hobby.

Perhaps next time I will make a personal note to never accept rules finalised until the last day of competition, then participate.

I'm sort of with you on the rule part, but then again... Were you ever participating for anything else than the lucky draw? Besides, I suppose the "multi-nationals" are the ones moving the goal posts.

I personally don't see any problems with changing the rules this early on, as long as they're clear and won't be changed again.

Usually we don't change rules during a competition. I injected a bit of sarcasm because the change is just one rule in one of the three stages. The one which is least affected by the rule change since it's 90% GPU dependant. Also, the competition just started ... it's not 'mid' game at all ...

I can imagine you perceive this rule change as a huge deal-breaker; in reality it's just a very minor change.

@ Mean Machine: the rule change was as per hwbot request :)

I'm sort of with you on the rule part, but then again... Were you ever participating for anything else than the lucky draw?

thats me.. in it for the lucky draw - oh, and the fun..

i know ill get smashed as the comp draws to a close, lol.

i mean, 2500k? not ideal for wprime.. and imagine when i do a 3d11 run next week it will suck too.

my 2600k away on RMA :(

i was a tad surprised about the rule change.

actually was even more detrimental to me, this MSI board is a terrible overclocker lol, 50x multi only just started working today for some reason, limiting everyone else to that multi too would have been great lol