HWBOT Community Forums

CPUZ Validation[canardpc.com] is down, any future backup system?

Hondacity

We contacted Franck of CPUID about this before and the 'rights' of all the scores in the validation system are in hands of canardpc. So, they decide what they want to do with it. Chances are big that if cpu-z moves away from that site to have a new database somewhere else, all scores will be lost.

will screenshots be honored for cpuz? or validation still required?

also about validations that are rejected.. whats the scope of that?

amd with amd there is that bug. it is generally accepted.

from intel i got one that was bugged as well and rejected by canardpc. but i think its legit. is it required to have a non rejected validation for intel?

If CPU-Z moves their validation system, we'll just move along with them. Let's just hope they never stop providing the verification service ... :D.

The bugs on AMD are software-related. FSB is x2 which causes rejection.

while cpuz server is up and running. is there developments to screen-grab the server validation for each submission @ hwbot? this will be a good preservation of our database. it will take forever to do but its just a suggestion/inquiry.

I have some old validations that have been... forgotten CPUz db says, a screenshot of the validated page online is what I take after uploading the validation file nowadays.

You never know what's going to happen.

Truth of course is, a screenshot proves nothing, same applies for lets say having a screenshot with CPUz open and a Pi1M run to show that your CPU can run at that frequency, but both can be manipulated by software, same applies for online validation on CPU-z.

Take screenshots it can't be bad, but after all, everything is down to trust.

I have some old validations that have been... forgotten CPUz db says, a screenshot of the validated page online is what I take after uploading the validation file nowadays.

You never know what's going to happen.

Truth of course is, a screenshot proves nothing, same applies for lets say having a screenshot with CPUz open and a Pi1M run to show that your CPU can run at that frequency, but both can be manipulated by software, same applies for online validation on CPU-z.

Take screenshots it can't be bad, but after all, everything is down to trust.

They did a small change to the verification link a long time ago. They just added ".php" after "show_oc", though, so easy to fix.