HWBOT Community Forums

Cpu-z 1.52

DerMalle

Hello

The new CPU-Z 1.52 Version can show graphics Information.

cpuz_152_0qnmp.png

You will also note the addition of the new tab "Graphics", intended to report some basic information about the graphic devices. This is not really a new feature, since most of these information are already reported in the validation pages.

My question is, can we only usw CPU-Z with the extra graphics tab or still CPU-Z and GPU-Z for the screenshots?

kind regards

PS:

This new version is planned for june 2009....

I'd rather find an official alternative for CPU-Z for CPU's, rather then using it also for GFX display. CPU-Z support sucks BIG time lately :(

WHat problems are you referring to? I know only 2... the "wrong validation issue" I've experienced, and the Phenom validation rejection problem.

let's first see how this graphics tab will work, will it show all all the necessary info? currently GPU-Z allows us to see GPU speed, MEM speed, Shader clock, pipelines , memory size, memory type, GPU nm, if CPU-Z 1.52 can match all those I see no reason to deny, but let's wait and see:)

GPU-z get's all that from a database, it just checks the codename or reads some bios info

only thing in real time is the clocks

• 1 month later...

Heh I shoulda posted to say it was out... been fiddling with it for a few minutes myself.

Love the new style, the new validate feature.

Graphics tab is bare, people should still stick to GPUz

I agree on the size issue - it's pants for screenshotting on small resolutions.

Need a CPU/Mem tab with it all in one.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having an issue in 1.52 with i7's (920, in particular), so that when overclocking with a utility like E-LEET, the multiplier suddenly drops in CPU-Z only? I have reproduced this error many times using E-LEET and CPU-z, so that any time I raise the QPI in the program, the multiplier suddenly drops to 19x from 20x with turbo on. The E-LEET validation works fine, with the correct speed and multi, but CPU-Z, however will not.

What I'd like to know from the hwbot staff is how I can validate any 2D benches requiring a (or two) screenshot of CPU-Z, when it lists the wrong speed of the processor? This error did not occur in version 1.51.