HWBOT Community Forums

[HELP] Unable to degrade my CPU !!

Massman

I need help!

I've had this 2600K since march now and I just can't get it to degrade. I've ran this chip under ln2, with regular air cooling, air cooling without using any mounting gear. I gave it upto 1.75V, ran Vantage with it at high speeds and high voltage ... nothing seems to help. In fact, I did a public demo last weekend and I matched the same MHz like I did 7 months ago.

Is my CPU undegradable?

I think I will RMA this one because it can't degrade. Everywhere on the power user forums I read that CPUs are supposed to degrade over time, but this one just doesn't have this function!! WTF Intel?! I cannot believe they would do things like this. All CPUs should have the same function. Period!

662344.jpg

I 'degraded' one with an accidental boot-up voltage of ~3.0V. It 'degraded' right into oblivion. Note to self: Don't set manual voltage to the max, leave it there, then set offset voltage to the max too. If anyone wants to know how to get ASRock boards above their 1.5'ish Vcore limit, that's how.

Edited by hokiealumnus
Spelling. now != how.

• Crew

EPIC !

If it don't degrade, you need to put it in the freezer for 3h238minute no more no less on a ful moon night while listening to the nyan cat song and plug it back to the mainboard while singing out load one of the tunes from whitney houston someone told!

IT WORKED !

if you like this you can also send me 87635784365789423652954625467958672 euros in order for e to continue creqting SPAM BOT and Send people a ton of useless email chain they will all send again to you !

Dr. Moumoudou Bidouillou

I 'degraded' one with an accidental boot-up voltage of ~3.0V. It 'degraded' right into oblivion. Note to self: Don't set manual voltage to the max, leave it there, then set offset voltage to the max too. If anyone wants to know how to get ASRock boards above their 1.5'ish Vcore limit, that's now.

Who says Asrock doesn't design extreme gear :D

I have the right solution.

Take the CPU off the board.

Then put it near to a mirror. Than, without facing the mirror you must say "Candyman" 3 times.

When the big ghost with the hook apears, you just need to hide, because he will see only the CPU facing the mirror. Then he will kill the CPU.

On RMA, you report the problem as "paranormal activity"

There you go. Simple and easy :D

Or then, give it 1.85v and use in air cooled for a couple of minutes on OS.

Regards

Edited by Morphling