HWBOT Community Forums

Hybrid SLI

WiCKeD

Ticket ID: 361

Priority: Low

These scores should be banned from reporting or until the feature is added. Users reporting these under “SLI” would be falsely reporting this because it is NOT 2 x cores of the same type (i.e. 2 x G84)\r\nExample: http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=859532 and all his other benchmarks\r\n\r\nHybrid SLI should be banned outright from hardware hwboints, because it creates two extra scores for too many nonsense combinations. A GTX295 paired with any nVidia onboard solution would take the top score everytime. Even worse, if you decide to award hwboints for every discrete card paired with an onboard solution, you would have to have a new Hybrid SLI category for every card and motherboard out there. Practically, Hybrid SLI also adds almost nothing to performance.

jmke, the two main issues I have with Hybrid SLI / CrossfireX:

1. Inaccurate: HWbot shows this as 2 x G84 cores when it is really 2 mixed cores. This also goes against the rule about "emulating" other cards.

hybridsli.th.jpg

2. Unfair: Awarding them double the points for every nVidia / ATI card they own.

There are two paths for gaining points in hwbot:

*Collecting global hwboints through overclocking the latest hardware

*Collecting hardware hwboints by benching with legacy hardware

In most cases, there will be few results with legacy hardware and almost none using SLI. This damages the legacy hardware path, by giving the person double the points for every nVidia card they own, for almost zero performance improvement.

Edited by WiCKeD

I don´t understand you issue.

He has bencht a normal G84 with a much slower onboard chip in SLI.

In the catergories he is faster than you, he used the single G84 like you and the same CPU.

Why don´t you try to beat his single GPU scores and buy a second G84?

WiCKeD, you're overlooking the crucial point here, and that is that a setup with single-card + onboard in hybrid SLI he will have to post his scores as a multicard setup with his BEST card.

A score achieved with a ATI 4870 CF'd with a 3870 will have to be posted in multicard 4870 category, thus leaving the bencher at a disadvantage.

Utilizing hybrid SLI is not an advantage in hwbot, it's a disadvantage.

Now this is the second time you complain about my results. First about my G84 single results. It's impossible to get this score you said. The result was, I benched again und upped a higher score then before ;)

That's not my fault, that your card isn't as overclock friendly as mine. For such poor cards it is very important, that the graphic cards memory does high clock rates. That is the huge advantage of mine.

I also wanted to add this Hybrid SLI. See this link and the answer of jmke.

no it's not awarding double the amount. He bought Hybrid SLI mobo; he's posting in a category with tougher competition.

it's the same like saying that anybody who bought two NV/ATI cards can ONLY post in SLI , not single card scores, otherwise they get awarded double the points.

there's not an endless supply of Hybrid SLI capable chipsets, same goes for ATI.

jmke, it is still inaccurate and different than if he bought two NV/ATI cards to ONLY post in SLI, because he is using different cores.

Again you are also not looking at the fairness issue, which is that their are two routes to achieving hwboints. It is fine if you are only benching for global hwboints, but these cards will never be getting anything under that route. Benching with an onboard GPU is rewarding a person multiple times for having the same piece of hardware.

This is just going to encourage people to buy Hybrid SLI motherboards to get double the hardware points... If that's the way the system works, then that's what I will do.

Now this is the second time you complain about my results. First about my G84 single results. It's impossible to get this score you said. The result was, I benched again und upped a higher score then before ;)

That's not my fault, that your card isn't as overclock friendly as mine. For such poor cards it is very important, that the graphic cards memory does high clock rates. That is the huge advantage of mine.

I also wanted to add this Hybrid SLI. See this link and the answer of jmke.

Nothing personal. ;) I saw you were asking for direction earlier about Hybrid SLI. There may be others in the same situation. Edited by WiCKeD