HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT submission privacy

Quick check if you guys would want this or not.

Currently, there's no privacy agreement between HWBOT and its partners. That means that all partners (as well as non-partners of course) can use any score posted at this site and show it off to the public. Personally, I don't mind this; I think it's rather cool that a vendor would regard any of my scores to be newsworthy enough to be shared with their audience.

However, I can imagine some people don't like this. For those people, would it be a solution if we added an option to your HWBOT profile that indicates you do not want your results to be quoted by any vendor, in which case no HWBOT partner would use the result in PR/marketing.

Few notes:

- For vendor competitions, this can't count (they have to be able to announce who won)

- We could expand this concept by having a request-system in place where the vendor would ask your permission to quote your score (check before usage)

- Of course, this would only apply to HWBOT partners. We simply have no say over the behavior of non-HWBOT partners.

Good idea, bad idea? Worth investing, not worth investing? Let me know!

• Crew
Free marketing? It would be nice if the companies at minimum name-checked the bencher or maybe send them some form of thankyou.

Fully agree with this :)

add :message to overclocker or hwbot With The nick the overclocker

Edited by Sweet

Well, in most cases the name of the overclocker is actually mentioned and the news links back to the HWBOT source. So, if you want name recognition, I think how it works today is okay already.

Example: PHIL from Greece breaks single card Unigine world record with the new HD 7970 GPU

Example: Team Russia Smokes Unigen World Record with a Rampage IV Extreme

Example: N580GTX Lightning Achieves Unprecedented Core Frequency of 1665MHz, Breaks Single-card, Single-core World Record; N560GTX-Ti Hawk Breaks Single-card World Record for GTX 560 Ti with Highest Core Frequency of 1500MHz

I don't think any of the vendors explicitly asked for approval to write news about these achievements, though.

free Marketing? It Would Be Nice If The Companies At Minimum Name-checked The Bencher Or Maybe Send Them Some Form Of Thankyou.

This...or Else It Would Be Just Like The Vendor Quotes The Score And Give More Resource To The "inhouse" Guy To Break It...the Guy Who Made The Score Get No Benefit...kinda Unfair Imho

Well, in most cases the name of the overclocker is actually mentioned and the news links back to the HWBOT source. So, if you want name recognition, I think how it works today is okay already.

Example: PHIL from Greece breaks single card Unigine world record with the new HD 7970 GPU

Example: Team Russia Smokes Unigen World Record with a Rampage IV Extreme

Example: N580GTX Lightning Achieves Unprecedented Core Frequency of 1665MHz, Breaks Single-card, Single-core World Record; N560GTX-Ti Hawk Breaks Single-card World Record for GTX 560 Ti with Highest Core Frequency of 1500MHz

I don't think any of the vendors explicitly asked for approval to write news about these achievements, though.

Nobody asked my approval for sure.Although I liked it,I would like to decide whether I want it or not.