HWBOT Community Forums

Jon Magoon..loonym..R.I.P.

Movieman

I just wanted to let you all know that Jon or loonym as he was known on the web has passed after a long battle with Bladder cancer.

He loved the competitions here.

I had the pleasure to meet him twice and the last time was to bring him a single stage that Gomeler had built for him.

He was 48, just an average guy but a good one.

He leaves a 3 year old daughter named Annabelle who was his joy in this world.

ELLSWORTH - Jonathan Mark Magoon, 48, died Monday, Dec. 28, 2009, at Maine Coast Memorial Hospital, Ellsworth, after a long battle with bladder cancer. He is survived by the joy of his life, his three-year-old daughter, Annabelle Magoon of Ellsworth; her mother, Sue Magoon of Canada; his father, R. Carl Magoon; his sister, Carla Magoon; his nephew, Joshua Estes of Ellsworth; his stepdaughter, Leah Pomeroy and her partner, Jose and their three children, Nicolas, Jose and Iesha; his former wife, Tammy Magoon; many cousins, aunts and uncles. He was predeceased by his brother, Jeffery Martin Magoon; and his mother, Rachel Sargent Magoon. Jon was a graduate of Eastern Maine Vocational Technical Institute and was a skilled welder for many years. He was a loving father and good friend. A gathering of friends and brief service will be held 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 2, at St. Joseph's Parish Hall, High Street, Ellsworth. In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to a fund for his daughter, Annabelle Magoon Donation Account, care of Union Trust Co., 66 Main St., Suite 101, Ellsworth, ME 04605.

• 4 weeks later...