HWBOT Community Forums

The official ECS Elitegroup Nonstop Overclocking Contest thread.

Rasparthe

• Crew
What does Winning Team (ECS user only!) in the prize structure mean? You are only eligible to win the prize if you use an ECS board?

I think you are allowed to enter with Non-ecs board, but not win with non ecs board :P

PCMark 05? Really? Are you serious? I don't know about the discussion, but the last score i saw was about 110k, even without extreme cooling.... If you can go from 30k to over 100k points in a benchmark, just with "tweaking", then it's time to disable points or to forbid tweaks I guess ;)

PCMark 05? Really? Are you serious? I don't know about the discussion, but the last score i saw was about 110k, even without extreme cooling.... If you can go from 30k to over 100k points in a benchmark, just with "tweaking", then it's time to disable points or to forbid tweaks I guess ;)

You're my new best friend. :)

If this celebrating ECS joining Bot, why not allow various ECS motherboards? Not just boards with the Z77 chipset .

Clever (not really) marketing maybe? Can't win if you don't have an ECS board, so if you want free stuff, by default, you have to buy one of their boards. Guaranteed sales right there :rolleyes:.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I spent some time with the board.

There are some bad issues they have to solve or it's almost impossible to do any benchmarks with this board

- BIOS update only with utility in windows

- Max CPU voltage 1,5 V (WTF)

- All other voltages only selectable as offset (e.g. +0,05 but you don't know the current voltage)

- You can save profiles but if you load and save them nothing happens

- Max BCLK 100 (101 out of BIOS doesnt work and in windows if you use the OC utility it straight freezes no matter what you select)

- There are no "AUTO" memory timings. You have to set every single timing including all subtimings

- Default memory voltage is 1,64 volt and you can't decrease it

Meh all I can say:

All that glitters is not gold