HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 - SC2:

Radi

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it does. I do agree with you and don't much understand why this wasn't limited to just dual cores. A Quad makes every other dual core chip irrelevant. The 6000 series has 19 dual cores and 6 quads (3 are Extreme chips) and only the Q6600 is common (Sorry all you Q6400 users out there). So why limit the stage so severely and really make the Q6600 the only chip to use?

Huh? There are many quads - did someone say the QX chips are not allowed?

In reality you need certain cpus to be able to compete in any such competition. E6320 won't do much good here even if you only allow duals, for example. This principle does not change if we allow quads or not. Still, it says Core 2 series, and quads are definately a part of that series.:)

I don't have a problem with the rules, certain chips will always be better. By having a pool of (in the 6000 series) 19 dual chips to choose from would allow for more people to be competitive. By excluding the majority of the chips (and I don't mean that the 6320 is just a poor choice against a 6850 but that the very best dual on LN2 can't even catch a quad on Air) you are essentially making the rules read: Use only Q6400 - not even list on HWBOT, Q6600, Q6700, QX6700, QX6800, or QX6850.

Again I don't have problem with it, I own both, just trying to make a point that by limiting the contest to duals would have provided a wider field of scores and a great deal more interesting scores since all the duals are at least in the same realm of scores.