HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2012 APAC Qualifier thread.

Massman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already out of the game I think. :(

Mounted pot to my 7970 and booted fine, kept it around 20-25c, started overclocking the cpu to an easy 5.5ghz and about an hour in the pc rebooted, and looped with the Ab error code. Pulled it all down and went to bed last night, woke up again this morning to test and got the same thing. Put a DMM on 7970 and no voltage at all, blue lights only coming on for half a second on initial power. Pot contact was good and had a good fan strapped to the back of the card.

Can't even buy these things now, everywhere in Aus is out of stock with no ETA.

I'm already out of the game I think. :(

Mounted pot to my 7970 and booted fine, kept it around 20-25c, started overclocking the cpu to an easy 5.5ghz and about an hour in the pc rebooted, and looped with the Ab error code. Pulled it all down and went to bed last night, woke up again this morning to test and got the same thing. Put a DMM on 7970 and no voltage at all, blue lights only coming on for half a second on initial power. Pot contact was good and had a good fan strapped to the back of the card.

I had the same with 2x lightnings, only RMA :(

Aus sucks, Its much better here in India, :P, Distris never ordered Lightning, so no stock, ETA from Intel for 3770K is July 1st Week. MSI GD65/GD80 is not available though they would be here within this week is what I am told.

• Crew
Aus sucks, Its much better here in India, :P, Distris never ordered Lightning, so no stock, ETA from Intel for 3770K is July 1st Week. MSI GD65/GD80 is not available though they would be here within this week is what I am told.

ebay! :D

Goodluck Aussies!

I understand you, the banik....

Here almost the same.... still no Lightnings, no MB available , and 3770K is newest and arrived 2 or 3 weeks...

Often we need to buy from Ebay or Mercado Livre (is similar to brazilian Ebay)... and pay the highest fees and duties in th world... and still is possible customs delay 1...2...3 months to get the pack...

I hope you find a way to get the hardware was needed to try.

Good lucky there

I know a guy selling 2x Lightnings. :D

He just shipped one to Malaysia today. :P

Lol - thanks Mike.

Ekky - Gunslinger is a good option, also talk to Tim, I think he can help find one local ;)

thanks mate... i talked to local distributor here.. they said will arrive next week. still have time while i'm testing CPU on Ln2 first :)

pretesting CPU on air with GD80.. stable @ 2800mhz mems,, this is better than GD65.. No Vdrop at all.. 5100mhz Vcore 1.4V Bios.. 1.4V on CPUZ

hope this will scaling well on LN2.. (pray..pray..pray...luck..luck..luck) lol

459062_3451718848096_414287541_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/459062_3451718848096_414287541_o.jpg

Mumbai's Lamington Road.

I have talked directly to Intel India Marketing team and MSI India Marketing head and there is nothing there, which can be bought. Intel did send around 50 chips earlier around a month ago which were grabbed and sold out within a day/few minutes at retail stores. Next lot would come only by month end. MSI asked distri to order atleast 10 Lightnings and distri was not ready to do that, so neither Review Samples were sent out to India nor any Sales items.

Though ofcourse ebay/forum sales are their for me and anyone else interested here. Ofcourse that increases costs by a gud margin and no binning but this hobby as we all know is costly.

Edited by thebanik