HWBOT Community Forums

OCSnap to automate loading CPU-Z, GPU-Z and screenshot

W1zzard

Capture1502.jpg

OC Snap from TechPowerUp, is a lightweight utility that allows you to launch a set of other applications, and pre-program the position of the windows of the launched applications. Multiple instances of the applications, with their desired tabs can be programmed.

This utility is particularly useful for professional overclockers and PC enthusiasts, to launch key applications such as CPU-Z and GPU-Z after achieving an overclocking or performance measurement worth sharing with others.

After scoring your feat, simply run the application to load your window location profile and use the same utility to take a screenshot.

Hiwa also made a video, showing it in action:

Download: Beta build

Would be cool to get some feedback on this, what extra features would be useful etc.

Edited by W1zzard

thanks for support overlockers like always man, this is a great tool witch all we need it for benching/testing, the must nice feature is close and restore everything we opened before, a lot of times we run a benchmark then need to close all and re-run the benchmark and re-open all,this easy tool can do it for us.

Oh..... VERY nice!

Great idea!!!

A suggestion..... when a user hits "save screenshot," could the software minimise itself before taking the screengrab? The software can't be entirely hidden without obscuring the screenshot button and sometimes there's so much info on-screen that it's guaranteed to cover something important.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Thankyou very much :D

Also.... could it request GPU-Z at the same time as CPU-Z, to speed things up by a few seconds? I know CPU-Z can only be opened one instance at a time, but I always open CPU-Z and GPU-Z together and that's never crashed my system.

No-one knows CPU-Z better than you.... if multiple instances are being opened with this software, is it possible to "re-use" part of the code from the first instance to open the 2nd/3rd/4th instances faster?

Edited by K404

A suggestion..... when a user hits "save screenshot," could the software minimise itself before taking the screengrab? The software can't be entirely hidden without obscuring the screenshot button and sometimes there's so much info on-screen that it's guaranteed to cover something important.

Thanks!

of course. makes total sense :) first post updated with new build

Edited by W1zzard

Profiles.

Each benchmark we run has a different screen size and therefore a different location where one may place the benchmark application on the screen to fit CPUz/GPUz. For example, if I put Super Pi in the upper right hand corner, it will look a lot different (as far as where I put the CPuz screens) than say Vantage which is huge compared to Super Pi so a single 'profile' wouldnt be enough. So if you can save and label the config you can just select the profile and voila!

EXCELLENT app and thank you Wizz!

Edited by Earthdog