HWBOT Community Forums

New version of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will feature a built in benchmark in association with...hwbot.org!

Teemto

New version of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will feature a built in benchmark in association with...hwbot.org!

http://be.hardware.info/nieuws/30015/idf-intel-overklok-utility-integreert-hwbotorg

Haven't immediately found an english site posting so you'll have to use google translate ;-)

A quick search lead me to:

http://www.hwbot.org/benchmark/xtu/

But we'll have to wait till Haswell before it becomes available.

This is what 90% of our development time for the past couple of months has been dedicated to. It's a pretty big project, but a very interesting one!

Looking forward to seeing it in action. Don't let this one aspect of the project fool you, this is bigger than just integrating a benchmark. Much much bigger.

It's much bigger than just the integration of a new benchmark because of three reasons:

- industry level security & encryption between HWBOT and XTU. Cheating is nearly impossible, or you'd need to borrow the supercomputers at NASA for a decade. Or have access to Turrican's hardware. : )

- hardware specs are correct, not manually entered in a form. Much less error prone and more reliable.

- bios/uefi settings are can be shared, and if you have similar hardware you can apply the settings of another submission to your system with the click of a button. Don't try to apply one of k|ngp|n's world records to your aircooled system though. ;D

Site-wise or just for XTU bench?

XTU can be used to identify your hardware for other benchmarks, but I think it will mainly be used for XTU benchmarks itself.

How much crap (win7, frameworks, etc) does it need to run?

I didn't have to install anything to get it running on win7, don't know about winxp.

How much crap (win7, frameworks, etc) does it need to run?

I had a look at the XTU.msi, it needs NET3.5 (installed by default on Win7).

EDIT:

This application is only supported on Windows 7 or higher.

You must be an administrator to install this program.

This application requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Please install the .NET Framework and then run this installer again.

..and it only starts on predefined platforms

EDIT2:

XTU with no launch criterias http://tiny.cc/xtumod

Edited by GENiEBEN

It's much bigger than just the integration of a new benchmark because of three reasons:

- industry level security & encryption between HWBOT and XTU. Cheating is nearly impossible, or you'd need to borrow the supercomputers at NASA for a decade. Or have access to Turrican's hardware. : )

- hardware specs are correct, not manually entered in a form. Much less error prone and more reliable.

- bios/uefi settings are can be shared, and if you have similar hardware you can apply the settings of another submission to your system with the click of a button. Don't try to apply one of k|ngp|n's world records to your aircooled system though. ;D

That's indeed 'much bigger'. Very nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome! I'm looking forward to checking this out. Could be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge for OCing and HWBOT.

That's what I hope too.

We have been working on this project since January 2012 and it is really cool to be so close to the actual release. The project is mainly set up to lower the entry barrier for new overclockers, although it should be okay to use for the more advanced users as well. It's a first step, actually, as there are more plans for improvement in future releases. The initial goal is to have not just ODMs (MSI, ASROCK, etc) support it, but also OEMs (Alienware, Lenovo, etc) and of course pre-installed on systems built by SI.

Judging by the feedback I get from Intel, I get the feeling they are very serious about overclocking and enthusiasts. Obviously there is an economical reason for this (read: more money), but I don't see any reason to dislike a company that wants to generate more income by increasing the amount of overclockers, haha.

I think XTU will be a very good tool for OC workshops as well.

• 2 weeks later...