HWBOT Community Forums

Laptop Intergrated Ranking System

Johnksss

well...

basically how you have everything based off of hardware and global awards...well since there is no way in hell a laptop is going to rank globally. i was thinking about a part dedicated for them..since i also bench laptops. and laptops are becoming more and more popular. and they are getting up to desktop standards.

everything is there already...just need to add the new gpus that are now out 5870m for starters.

they would have their own global section. just like we have global for desktop counter parts. 2 points is just kind of far off the mark since it's a mobile category. not sure how the points would be calculated just or how many, but has to be better than two. some of these machines are 4 and 5k only to get 2 points max.:(

and a way for people who only want to compete with laptops can have some goals in place to reach. but competing against desktop hardware is pretty much way out of their league.....

i mean i have gold cups for mobile chips as well, but would like to be recognized as a champion there as well as in the desktop hardware sections.

so basically a hall of fame on the front page for high end mobile gpu and cpu section on the front page.

we pretty much all have laptops..might as well start giving them a little more light to shine in....

just and idea.... and that's if it can even be done.

Hm. It's certainly interesting as a concept, but need to think about his to implent this exactly. For sure, we cannot mix up the laptop benchers with the extreme overclockers, so global points (or just 'points' for that matter) for mobiles only are not up for debate.

Mobile global rankings could work I guess ... give me some time to work it out so that it fits HWBOT :)

man, thanks allot! mobile global ranking would be great!

i know it shows them all when you start searching, but people like to see how well their hard work pays off in the end.

so maybe a slight code add that would take the letter M or mobility (280m/260m) at the end of the gpu used and use that to calculate a grand total for mobiles....since desktop gpus and cpus wouldn't have that letter added at the end.

but anything would be greatly appreciated.

The main point here is how to integrate these rankings into hwbot so that they are more valuable than just a plain ranking. A ranking in itself is not that difficult to generate, that's just a matter of making sure you filter out all the non-mobile cpus or gpus. But ... I suppose it would be interesting to see what kind of notebook you used to achieve a certain goal, right?

(IIRC, the database model is not prepped yet to differentiate mobile GPUs from normal GPUs)

yep. this is true...because you can have two different notebooks with all the same parts...but generate completely different results.

still waiting on kinc to tell us how he scored 20k way back when with his w90. lol

but now they are up to 22k 3dmark06 and the asus g73 is doing 20k cpu in vantage with no physx. and alienware has made a serious comeback leading the pack in the dual gpu category.

so you can see why it's starting to get a bit more popular...

define notebook product. im not sure about that

--- cpu information i7-920xm

--- gpu information 5870M 700/1000 single or dual gpu

--- memory 1333/ hyperx / 7-7-7-18

--- notebook manufactureru AW

--- notebook product(group?)

we have been known to use this in our verifications as well...

2000e.th.jpg

Edited by Johnksss

yes, i like it!

could a filter be made using these details you have listed? to get a better grasp on the cpu.

and since it's a laptop...they will only have to type this stuff once. then it will always be there at the top of the screen with their last submission...liking your idea more by the minute!

Edited by Johnksss

As for verification, I don't think it's good to change from our current guidelines. So, CPU-Z, GPU-Z and score will be the only mandatory information. Manufacturer, productgroup and model would be optional (just as it is now).

Filters could be made, yes, but the database needs to be updated for this. As said before, there's no field indicating whether the CPU/GPU is mobile. Furthermore, we'll have to change something to the submission page, because it's not that easy to add 'notebook' information.

nevermind the notebooks made by Clevo that use regular desktop CPUs, the D900 series in particular

I would be very interested in getting this "mobile" section up and running. For the CPU submissions could it be as simple as adding a dropdown that is laptop or desktop? And for the CPUs that overlap these 2 realms they just have to specify?

Also, working with the system the way it is now, can we get an option added for a Single Mobility Radeon 4870? Currently you can only make submissions for an x2 and it is surely only a matter of time before single GPU notebooks come out with the 4870 and I want to be able to compete with them even though I have a dual card setup (I can just disable crossfire)

Thanks a ton and I am excited to see this happen!

lol

he is right...mine was using a desktop cpu as well (qx9650-q6600-q9550) but with clevo, you can't over clock any of the cpu's in that class. the only one over clock able was the q6600 by pin tape mod.

two wel known models

clevo - d901c/d900f

they can use the Q series cpu's and the desktop i7 series.

Edited by Johnksss