HWBOT Community Forums

Any chance you could add an option to insert your CPU's batch? Than when you get around to it you could make a page that would allow people to see a page of the batches for a specific CPU in order and there CPU-Z\Wprime\etc clocks\scores and the cooling used.

Not a ton of people would participate, but some is better than none :)

Might be something we can arrange, but we need a good user interface for this if we want to do it properly.

Format for Intel Core i7 is:

3 #(8, 9, 0) # # # #(A or B) # # #

With #'s being wildcard numbers (expect the A or B). The last 3 digits also arent used when determining batch. AMD I have no clue. I have some knowledge of MySQL, so I dont think simply adding it a box to insert your batch with the parameters above would be too awfully difficult.

Being able to sort\search might prove to be difficult though. Although just allowing users to insert there batch sooner would mean more results in the future. Would also be interesting for ES chips.

Adding a box isn't difficult, but making sure the database is useful and flexible is most certainly a worry. After all, we want to be able to withdraw information about the difference in overclockability of different batches AND have this info for more than just the Core i7 series.

There are lots of different letters (not just A and B) around.

You need two systems, one for AMD and one for Intel. AFAIK i7, Wolfdale and P4 all use the same stuff. For AMD you have a difference for K10, with the extra 2 letters in the middle, but apart from that it's been pretty consistent for at least 10 years.