HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H issues

Andrix85

Hy boys...I received the new mboard but I have serieus issues to overclock under LN2. The ram TRANSCEND with PSC don't run over 2333 mhz cas 9-13-13-36 1T with higher voltage or higher latency. Under ln2 the mboard restard with 3 reflash bios because it was damaged...With first bios F1 i can boot, with F2h i cant'...Very strange mboard or bios too young ?

Help me please...With MAXIMUS 5 GENE i set PSC profile, v core, multipler and the cpu reach 6.5 ghz benchable 4c/4t...

Edited by Andreat85

i haven't tried the board under LN2 before, but with F2H try slew rate of 2 under memory for PSC or try 3, it is a new options it should help with your PSC. also you did check the mode for AHCI/IDE under the UEFI, right?

Edited by sin0822

i haven't tried the board under LN2 before, but with F2H try slew rate of 2 under memory for PSC or try 3, it is a new options it should help with your PSC. also you did check the mode for AHCI/IDE under the UEFI, right?

Yes Sin...The settings of ssd is to EIDE, I use WIN XP for most benchmarks...I have issues with ram settings. I can try other ram because the mboard boot without 51 error only with 2200 memory didivers and CAS 8-13-13-36 1T to max 1173 mhz.

The mboard under LN2 run well, seems don't have cold boot but it's instable with ram...

PSC support on the HD4 is pretty good if you know the timings to set. Will try on the UD4H today.

Thanks Sin...If you can try PSC and post me the complete screen for the settings I can solve my issues. My ram exactly are TRANSCEND AXERAM 1600MHZ CAS 8-8-8-24 1T 1.6v and i'm sure that have PSC chip.

you can try the settings I used on the HD4. I used 1.85v for that, this is very surprising for me b/c this memory i have is crap, on X58 when i reviewed it, it couldn't even run XMP(which is T2) lol, on most boards it will screenshot at 2400mhz, but on the HD4 i was surprised it went to 2600, but only good for 1m as of now.

psc26001m.png

That is on air, these are the same timings I posted in my UP7 OC guide, but there is one thing not shown here which is in the UEFI, it is at the bottom of the memory timings page, there are two settings: read/write slew rate, they are a mixture of some things which really helps with samsung and PSC. On the HD4 it liked 5 for both read/write(usually keep them the same), but on the UP7 it liked 2-3. I ill try on the UD4H now see what i can get.

• Crew

Plz tell us what the problem is :

1) You cannot stabilise the ram at 2400MHz

and/or

2) You set 2400MHz, but the board boots at 2200MHz

3) ...

I'm getting completely lost here what exactly is going on... Has something been solved or are the numerous issues starting from post 1 still present...

I would switch back to the ASUS board if your current hardware runs on that... check timings and co what the ASUS sets and try them timings on the UD4H

Plz tell us what the problem is :

1) You cannot stabilise the ram at 2400MHz

and/or

2) You set 2400MHz, but the board boots at 2200MHz

3) ...

I'm getting completely lost here what exactly is going on... Has something been solved or are the numerous issues starting from post 1 still present...

I would switch back to the ASUS board if your current hardware runs on that... check timings and co what the ASUS sets and try them timings on the UD4H

There are both theese problems:

1) I can't stabilise the ram at 2400MHz and 2) if i set 2400mhz, the board boots at 2200 mhz. I have try to ugrade bios, to set ASUS PSC timings but nothing. I'm stable only with 2200 mhz divider and to bclk 106.7 x 52 = 5650 mhz with ram to 1173 mhz CAS 8-13-13-36 1T.

• 3 weeks later...