HWBOT Community Forums

Local pages confusion and USSR suggestion

• Crew

Today I've opened the main page and was surprised by three link - the international, romanian and USSR one. What I don't get is what about the ru.hwbot.org - it is working though no link is published. So the question is - will there be a separation by nationalities or by regions or by languages? I don't see any use of the Russian one when there is the USSR local version.

What I mean is that the current number and implementation confuses me and I want to clear out the question.

And yes, how about making MXS belonging to the USSR ranking? Like some members (TiN for example) who has a custom flag, but belongs to Ukraine rating. MXS didn't select a country because they have members both from Russia and Ukraine (and two captains for the same reason) but USSR - is what can unite both their member's countries.

Of course, if they don't mind :)

And yes, the idea of USSR ranking and region is a great one (did I say that before?). Nostalgia, you know.

The links in the top right corner are domains which in the short future will be maintained by regional partners, not ourself. With maintained we mean they provide news, competitions, moderation, advertisement, etc.

USSR is configured as a region. The region currently contains Russia (ru), Belarus (by), Ukrain (ua) and Kazachstan (kz). You can indeed also go to ru.hwbot.org, and it will display the news and competitions of the USSR region, but all rankings will be scoped to Russia instead of the old USSR.

The ro.hwbot.org is specifically for Romania, so that's a national partner. Links which are not published, eg be.hwbot.org, will display localised rankings, but not localised news or competitions as they are not maintained by a partner.

If you want to gain control over a region or nation, drop us a mail @ info@hwbot.org :)

• Crew
The links in the top right corner are domains which in the short future will be maintained by regional partners, not ourself. With maintained we mean they provide news, competitions, moderation, advertisement, etc.
That's interesting news! I hope you mean that they will have additional news etc. or we will have to switch from local to global to see the whole picture?
If you want to gain control over a region or nation, drop us a mail @ info@hwbot.org :)
A-ha-ha! Frederick, your sense of humor is great. "Gain control over the region or a nation" - now that sounds! :D LOL

If only I knew what that means (assuming I got you meaned the region local website, not the region itself).

• Crew

:D thanks for the link, but the damn customs won't share my enthusiasm.

This will reveal a problem - some will wan't news in Russian, but as they appear, there will be a mess when you've read some in Russian (for example) and you want to read all of them in the international but don't want to reread the ones that were translated.

At least it's my opinion. So there should be a way to manage the translated news not to mess with the unique ones and not to double the original ones. A good solution is not to translate news :D but some may not agree with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

One more question on this - how were the countries included in the region selected?

I perfectly understand why Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan got here and why Lithuania and Estonia didn't (a very wise decision I must say :D). But how about Georgia?

Were the team members asked and they declined? Because as far as I know, the situation is rather same as with Ukraine - our governments are fightning with each other and their own nation. And as for the nations by themselves - they communicate very well (and against politicians of both countries) :)

So the question is - did you ask the georgians and did the decline?