HWBOT Community Forums

Highest rated Intel XMP Certified Kit?

The other day I was looking for the highest rated Intel XMP certified memory kit, but couldn't quite find it. Anyone has an idea?

Fyi,

- XMP Ready = Memory kit has XMP profile, vendor has gone over the XMP checklist and self-certified the XMP as functional.

- XMP Certified = Multiple samples of the XMP-ready Memory kit were sent over to Intel and was tested in their lab to check if the XMP works on all kits.

There are a lot of XMP-ready kits, but the highest certified ones are around DDR3-2666 rating, I think

To be on that list you need to send your modules to Intel and they test them.

If you look at this press release: http://www.kingston.com/en/company/press/article/5860

Kingston achieved Intel XMP certification for its family of HyperX memory specifically engineered for the new 3000 series processors. The certification can be seen here. In addition, 2800MHz HyperX kits were certified on the following motherboards: ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe, P9Z77-V and GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H.

edit: if I'm not mistaken, the certification process is 24h burn test, then you swap the modules around and another 24h. It's pretty tough.

Oh, thanks for the information. So the highest certified kits are the:

- Kingston KHX2800C12D3T1K2/4GX

- G.SKILL F3-2800C11Q-16GTXD

- Kingston KHX2666C12D3T1BK2/8GX

- Kingston KHX2666C11D3T1K2/4GX

- Kingston KHX2666C11D3T1K2/8GX

- G.SKLL F3-2666C11D-8GTXD