HWBOT Community Forums

[F3-18400CL8D-4GBPIS] G.Skill 2300 c8's under cold. . .

l0ud_sil3nc3 - 6:16:531 - 49x102.1 - 1326.8MHz - 6-9-7-28-88-1 - Asrock Z77 OC Formula - G.Skill PI 2300 8-11-8-28 2x2GB (PSC) - 2.1v - LN2 @ all

eK4N4qS.png

this might have been the one. . .

sjw9x5N.png

this maybe the only screen with c6 / tWCL 6 run, I have to work extra hard since my efficiency is not the best and c7 was not cutting it.

This literally took hours of time, blood (not kidding) and an unreal amount of screaming when fail would occur post loop 20.

and mandatory frosty pics. . .

OlN7Lj4.jpg

kgpmWqq.jpg

2YlaXPW.jpg

IBrYGHR.jpg

bDJhp7p.jpg

uXfBgaF.jpg

next time going for the gold:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks PJ, I have another set that came bundled with these from Greece to test:). This maybe the best set of PSC I own that I have tested under cold, as the Flare 2000 c7's could not run c6 tWCL 6 at any speed and these hummed right along, almost 9 hours straight and not one 55 was had.

Though to be honest, I think Petri's advice definitely helped the most, and that is to use the heat spreaders. This setup consisted of the plates from the SF3D Triple Point pot along with the KPC Ney Pro cooler attached to them. No TIM was used, though I wonder if this would make any difference (Christian input here:))

I think this kit can run full pot as -150c was no issue for the memory, where other PSC kits I have would cb at a shade over -108c-110c

Awesome sticks and runs loud, and clean setup as always. :D

I have one kit of PSC that doesn't mind extra cold temps as well. I got them down to -160c without issue where most would give up before the -120c mark. Certainly no 6-9-7 from those sticks though.

Awesome sticks and runs loud, and clean setup as always. :D

I have one kit of PSC that doesn't mind extra cold temps as well. I got them down to -160c without issue where most would give up before the -120c mark. Certainly no 6-9-7 from those sticks though.

Thanks jjjc it is nice to find dimms which operate so well under cold, and clock so nicely.

Awesome work Loud ,great result

Thanks Bullant thanks for being the baseline to chase:) Your 4Ghz time seems untouchable.

Very impressive. Dat ram! Maybe look into vmodding mobo for insta-kill vdimm range? :)

I wonder what it would take to kill dimms when they are almost full pot:D

I wonder what it would take to kill dimms when they are almost full pot:D

Much more than 2.1 Volt that's for sure. My PSC can handle 2.1 V on -15 no problem. Sure I haven't ran that for more than a few hours but still :) I bet some PSC sticks would scale up to 2.3-2.4 on ln2.

Well, maybe don't try 2.3 volt with your 2300 c8's haha. Did I say seriously awesome ram and tweaking from your side?

It takes a lot to outbin Splave in memory. That is perhaps the most impressive achievement of this thread :D.

:) l0ud is like a 32m bro to me, I have some of his sticks as we speak and plan on sending him some of mine. 32m guys must stick together

• Thanks 1

:) l0ud is like a 32m bro to me, I have some of his sticks as we speak and plan on sending him some of mine. 32m guys must stick together
Mind if I join your pool? :)

I have 'some' kits of PSC and BBSE which I really want to see LN2-tested but can't do it due to exams and lack of good IMC / LN2 equipment.

• Sad 1