HWBOT Community Forums

Who and how?

Massman

A small topic for some sort of a how-to.

Who has access to this subforum?

• HWBOT staff
  • HWBOT OC Archeologist
    • Antinomy
    • Hyperhorn

Only people with the OC Archeologist role on the front page can add submissions to the database. Some people prefer to just be part of the discussion, but don't have the time to actually add the scores. It's possible to just be part of the forum discussion group and not have the front page roles.

How to manage this?

Three steps:

• Identifying the resources
  • Collecting the records
  • Adding the records to the database (and timeline)

I propose to add the resources like forums and OC databases in the resource sticky thread (click). This thread should have all the resources needed to find the results. To identify the records, I have no suggestion yet. Any suggestions from your side? Maybe a discussion for each benchmark? Or a thread in case there is doubt? False positives are not really a problem since the timeline will find the right record at the right date.

To add the result to the database, we will create a similar interface as we made for the live competitions. This interface allows you to add information as well as upload a screenshot.

ocArcheologyInterface.jpg

The interface is not ready yet, but will probably be included in the next development sprint.

//Edit: since it's been a while, I have set up a dedicated competition page which we can use to add the scores. The competition page can be found here: http://hwbot.org/competition/hwb_ls/. People who want to help with this project will be added as contest moderator and will have access to the admin page (as displayed above). The admin page can be found here: http://hwbot.org/competition/hwb_ls/adminsubmit/.

I think it's very important to collect the following information:

• Record score (obviously)
  • Date
  • Overclocker (+ nationality)
  • Screenshot (important, but will sometimes be impossible to find)
  • Hardware (as detailed as possible)
  • Reference (where you found the result)

Edited by Massman

• Crew

One thread for each benchmark records (if one page contains several records, post in all threads). That is -

3DMark 2001SE

Maybe Aquamark (though, not popular before HWBot). For 2D:

Max frequency (be it CPU-Z or WCPUID)

Super pi (both 1.1 and 1.4)

PCMark

Anything else should be discussed in general discussion and/or posted in a thread for "anything else". By anything I exclude Sisoft Sandra, AIDA/Everest unless it's something really unique.

Besides nationality there should be team mentioned (yeah, teams are as old as 3DMark HOF is) if present.

Depending on the number of records, we might want to copy a short info about the record like a newsflash.

• 7 months later...

Since it's been a while, I have set up a dedicated competition page which we can use to add the scores. The competition page can be found here: http://hwbot.org/competition/hwb_ls/. People who want to help with this project will be added as contest moderator and will have access to the admin page (as displayed above). The admin page can be found here: http://hwbot.org/competition/hwb_ls/adminsubmit/.

• Crew

O.K. so here's the subforum now.

How do you see the result? I mean - I've posted multiple results in the thread. After adding them somehow, how will they appear during browsing hardware and/or global ranks? Or they won't interfere in any way and HOF will be totally separate?

I'd start from adding results I gathered.

• Crew

Will the result have a normal submission page?

Since most results are and will be taken from the news, articles and forums, we could add a short brief about the result - pictures, comments, mods involved. I think it will be much better than knowing seconds by itself.

• 3 years later...