HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z87 OC Formula initial PSC testing

So picked up a retail Z87 OCF and ended up testing the same set of Ripjaw Z 2400 c8's that were voltage limited to 1.96v on Ivy.

Initial Dram voltage and Eventual Dram voltage got me around this brick wall and have allowed me to use 2.1v now which has allowed me run this kit higher than before.

G8Ir0ZZ.png

Tjm2Ep5.png

The Conformal coating on my board is very uniform throughout and the only vaseline that was added was on to the ram slots, everything else is paper towel and some Frost King, such a breeze to insulate. This is a great idea that should be implemented on multiple components such as vga cards, and ram modules as well, for those of us that love to freeze the ram.

Blue Paper towels are just for you Massman:)

gpCM3pGl.jpg

bVKp6YSl.jpg

Vh9XR5ul.jpg

MECoyOTl.jpg

7t9whz0l.jpg

jBmTZk1l.jpg

HGATxzEl.jpg

WBOz6qkl.jpg

WAMxp03l.jpg

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

Thank you PJ, having a blast benching 32m on this board, though I still need to figure out how to get my BBSE working on this setup.

How's the performance scaling with frequency in comparison to Ivy Bridge? I remember even Samsung based sticks starting to cap out on performance around DDR3-2800C9 as more frequency wouldn't really provide better performance.

How's the performance scaling with frequency in comparison to Ivy Bridge? I remember even Samsung based sticks starting to cap out on performance around DDR3-2800C9 as more frequency wouldn't really provide better performance.

Well at 5Ghz on Ivy I would say 6:15:9xx would be absolutely killing it and on Haswell I think 5:55:9xx is the fastest time to date, so maybe 21-23 seconds with similar cpu and memory clocks between both architectures.

For Samsung I am sure you would need 3000+ c9 for it to be competitive with ultra tight secondaries and tertiaries, but where do such sticks exist, cause I know mine won't do anywhere near that at c9.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick air update with some cold AC blowing on the other half of the 2400 c8 kit which is untested on cold.

Delivering as promised:)

l0ud_sil3nc3 - 5:59:843- 50x100.1 - 1300.8 MHz 7-12-7-28-88-1 - Mini OCF - G.Skill 2400 c8 PSC 1.96v all @ (cold) air

jno4U5b.png

Edited by Massman
  • Like 1