HWBOT Community Forums

XTU score variance

Why are my scores so low on this? There seems to be a big difference in scores, is there something else that effects the scores? There are people that are scoring almost 2x my score at the same clocks.

I have tried w7 32 and 64. I tried downloading xtu profiles, but they don't make any difference.

Memory speed doesn't seem to make that large of a difference. What am I missing?

4770k and M6G.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed something pretty strange yesterday. Boot into windows with 100 BCLK x 35 Multi 2000 Mhz Memory. Result was 360 Points. Increased clock with TurboV to 104 BCLK and reran the benchmark. Still 360 points. Closed benchmark, ran again and again 360 points. Tested several times even after a restart the result was the same.

Boot into windows with 104 x 35 straight pushed it to 372 points. Now raising the BCLK to 107 the system still runs stable but the score stays the same. Pretty weird.

I noticed something pretty strange yesterday. Boot into windows with 100 BCLK x 35 Multi 2000 Mhz Memory. Result was 360 Points. Increased clock with TurboV to 104 BCLK and reran the benchmark. Still 360 points. Closed benchmark, ran again and again 360 points. Tested several times even after a restart the result was the same.

Boot into windows with 104 x 35 straight pushed it to 372 points. Now raising the BCLK to 107 the system still runs stable but the score stays the same. Pretty weird.

Testing I've read so far has been similarly weird also. You aren't alone on this sort of behavior.

• Crew

yeah, it's if the software doesn't recognize the overclock in windows directly.

I just spent some more time with XTU and I can always reproduce the same thing. Even by overclocking with the XTU software the score does not change. As soon as I set the same values directly in the BIOS and boot into windows the score is improving.

XTU shows the correct clock but still doesnt affect the score :D

I can test it in my lab, but I don't think I have that same behavior on my system. Even if I increase via CoreCenter or XTU, the score increases normally. But I'll test it out anyway.

372 points is extremely low even for stock. Haswell should do around 850pts stock with default turbo and high frequency memory. Seems like your installation is broken somehow.

Edited by Massman

I can test it in my lab, but I don't think I have that same behavior on my system. Even if I increase via CoreCenter or XTU, the score increases normally. But I'll test it out anyway.

372 points is extremely low even for stock. Haswell should do around 850pts stock with default turbo and high frequency memory. Seems like your installation is broken somehow.

was testing with a i3 ivy bridge dual core for the dual core ranking. So points are actually fine looking at the other scores.

I had about 1000 points with a 4770k at 4,3 GHz so performance should be fine.

der8auer, do you have similar behavior when benching prime95? Afaik XTU uses the same algorithm.

I will check that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...