HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z77A-GD65 - the worst board I've ever used.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me here.

With my Sabertooth Z77 recently suffering an unfortunate death, I went ahead and bought this from a friend for quite a cheap price. I figured it couldn't be that bad, right? Wrong.

No matter what I do, or what CPU voltage I set, it does not actually set. Before, I could also set a 63x multi with stock voltage - obviously not possible!

The CPU is a 3770K which is known to be a good overclocker. It'll do 5GHz on 1.325v on air.

I've gone from 10.2 to 10.8 in BIOS revisions and nothing helps...

If anyone can help me here, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sick to death of it and I am about to throw it out of the window.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

How can it be that six different BIOS's fail? That's what has stumped me. :(

Can you send me the working one or upload it to a site so that I can give it a whirl?

I'm this close to launching it out of the window.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I've tried many different BIOS's now including BETA ones. Nothing has helped. I think this board is in need of RMA but it is still working at stock so it will just be sent back to me. :(

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Ahhh, I see.

Would you be able to link me to a download for one? Even if it is in Russian, would the BIOS still remain in English?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

The multi clocking is fine. I can't get it to set voltages. I've sold this board on eBay now anyway. I'm sick and tired of it. Time to sell my Ivy chip and get Haswell!