HWBOT Community Forums

Wizerty LN2 POT

When I was looking for a ram pot, I always saw the same thing, a pot fix on small heatsinks. Everybody make the same stuff and put is name on it...

So I made something new (I think), not for commercial purpose, but for pleasure. Feel free to make your own ram pot, I can send you the drawing for free, but please, don't sell it without "autorisation".

The idea is to make something different, with only one goal, increase performance. I don't care of how easy it's to use or if i have to use lot of tim or if it works with ddr, ddr2, ddr3...

Here you can see my idea, it's like a "direct in touch ram pot". For performance point of view, it's really better, and "load" & "idle" temperature stay very closed.

82o8.png

----------------------------------------------

Ok, now, let's see the drawing. each side off the stick have his own pot

Capturea.JPG

Each pot is made on AL or copper (for the crazy guy), but trust my, aluminium is good enough the pot are heavy... so keep your money, and used AL instead of cooper

Capture.JPG

On the top, you have a kind of "container" to fill with nitrogen, and I made holes, between IC, to increase AL/LN2 area. In front of IC, it's full of AL, no holes, It's better for stay cold during load.

Capturee.JPG

The side of the pot.

Capturec.JPG

Captureb.JPG

Fixing part, machining picture and LN2 picture coming soon.

Sorry for my English, if you want to correct something, or don't understand let's me know.

Fixing part :

As you know, when you screw, if you are not align with IC you can't have a good mounting

gi31.jpg

mkmh.jpg

Probably not the best solution to machin it (lot of waste), but faster for me ( no CNC) :

dsc0001hbm.jpg

Where is the pot :)

dsc0003mv.jpg

Edited by Wizerty

I thought of the same thing aswell. The idea is basically good but all pots have to be thermically connected with eachother and stay at about the same temperature. Otherwise the thermal tension could remove the chips from the pcb.

I don't think... I already use it, 2 time with BBSE, 4-5 session with the same PSC stick and 3 time with MFR.

I never kill IC or stick, and with MFR one pot is @ambient and the other one is @-80 (single side).

When you fill with nitrogen, you don't need to have one probe per pot, the T° is always very close. At the beginning, I put 3 probe, to check if every think goes right but it's useless, one is enought, exept if your stick have diffente CB/CBB.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome man, love to see new memory pots let me know when/if they become available :)

I don't make business with overclocking, it's just for fun, I made my own pot for pleasure ;) I will show you my CPU pot later

If you know someone to machin it, I can give you the drawing ( I don't have enought free time to make you one :( )

I don't make business with overclocking, it's just for fun, I made my own pot for pleasure ;) I will show you my CPU pot later

If you know someone to machin it, I can give you the drawing ( I don't have enought free time to make you one :( )

Very nice, CAD file would be awesome as I think I have someone who can help me in that department.

Open source memory pot? Awesome!

Yep, open source ;)

Only 2 point,

-If you sell it, don't forget me

-If you build it, give him my name :), w1z, WIZ, wizerty .... don't care

IMPORTANT :

Before starting "production", check the space between memory slot & i build it for MB with "ram lock" on only one side

oa3c.png

So if "dual" lock you need to remove one or design a new pot.

l0ud_sil3nc3 : Ask him, inventor files or STEP, IGES ?