HWBOT Community Forums

Achievements - What do you want?

Hey guys,

As you might've seen, we've updated the achievements a few weeks ago. The goal is to add a lot more so you have more things to do than just grab points for the team. Since inspiration sometimes gets a bit lost and as this ultimately is for your pleasure, I'm wondering if you guys have suggestions for cool and nifty achievements.

Just reply in the thread if something comes to mind. Technically, anything HWBOT related should be possible (mem, mobo, scores, dates, etc etc).

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them, but I used to be an Xbox360 achievement whore.

As Thor says, adding in the old ones for HW Junkie, HW Guru would be nice (or use them as a 'title' like Team captain on the profile pages)

Could have:

'Submitted results X different sockets'

'Entered X HWbot competitions'

'Broadcast a livestream'

'MaxxMem score under 10 points' (same as the AQ low score runs or SPi 32m slow run)

One thing you could do is have a check box on submissions for Mobo/GPU voltmods, then achievement:

'Submitted X results with voltmods and pictures'

I think Thor941 refers to the "HW Junkie" achievement etc... some ppl who own it back in the days were dissapointed to loose the title ;)

Well I could suggest something about team/country/region awards or something refering to the HWboints level: like 50/100 for beginers and 200/300 for confirmed Ocers etc... blabla :D

Nice intention Massman thanks

• Crew

Agree about the Junkie reward. I've already suggested some achievements in e-mails but one I remember well:

"Socket yyy domination" or "Socket yyy king". For getting most boints on current socket type. For example, LGA775 or others. I think this should be applied only to rather usual one, bot like the AMD s539 or what it was?

Oh, yeah - and a "dual socket king" or "dual socket domination" as well - you can't achieve any good points on them since rev.3 so at least an achievement would be nice. But for desktop/WS socket only.

I'll try to remember some more.

Yeah I mean having the HW junky status for 50 cups and medal then you can put it on your sign, I don't remember the other ones, Extreme HW Junky for 50 golden cups I guess, OC Guru, OC Legend etc etc

Well it could be cool to have the most important status in the sign, as before, cause ATM if you don't go on the user profile, you can't see anything

Yeah I mean having the HW junky status for 50 cups and medal then you can put it on your sign, I don't remember the other ones, Extreme HW Junky for 50 golden cups I guess, OC Guru, OC Legend etc etc

Well it could be cool to have the most important status in the sign, as before, cause ATM if you don't go on the user profile, you can't see anything

Ah, ok. So the (important) achievements should be visible in the signature?

• Crew
This one is for multi-socket submissions: http://hwbot.org/community/achievement/701_
I know. The idea is different. If the achievements like water, sub-zero and vendors don't say anything about how good is the result, I suggest in adding some that do.

And if now it's just a "bench and you'll get it anyway" I suggest a "hardware king" in a specific hardware category. I think it's better to divide by socket, though sometimes can be done by core in addition (if there's a lot of cores within one socket).

It's a challenge achievement, like our king's throne :)

But there are guys, like orange, who has best socket 3 results (not to mention Turrican who is best in a number of categories and even sockets). If kicking Hardware Kings ass is a very tough one then making so in one socket is far more real.

Same to dual socket - this can be even more fun as it's much harder to push 'em.

And I agree about the important statuses being shown in profile and signature.

Edited by Antinomy

Agree about the Junkie reward. I've already suggested some achievements in e-mails but one I remember well:

"Socket yyy domination" or "Socket yyy king". For getting most boints on current socket type. For example, LGA775 or others. I think this should be applied only to rather usual one, bot like the AMD s539 or what it was?

Oh, yeah - and a "dual socket king" or "dual socket domination" as well - you can't achieve any good points on them since rev.3 so at least an achievement would be nice. But for desktop/WS socket only.

I'll try to remember some more.

That's exactly what I had in my mind!

The person that has collected most hwbot points with S478 processors for example, should definitely get an achievement! One like "S478 King", that would sound REALLY nice! :)

Then you could also have achievements for benchmarks who don't receive any points: Sandra, PCMark04, PCMark Vantage ;)

OC guru used to sound muuuch better then OC duke :)

I second that Tudor ;)

monthly achievements perhaps?

for now there are several forums doing points push this month of june....

i can't seem to find...member or team with most points...it was in the front page befor..i'm not sure if the news section ate that part.

also with monthly achievements..i hope its archived..

like for example i want to click team month history..i'd be able to see all the submission by member..or by benchmark or by points...i don't mind the specific date of submissions..

just a thought...

• Crew
monthly achievements perhaps?

for now there are several forums doing points push this month of june....

i can't seem to find...member or team with most points...it was in the front page befor..i'm not sure if the news section ate that part.

also with monthly achievements..i hope its archived..

like for example i want to click team month history..i'd be able to see all the submission by member..or by benchmark or by points...i don't mind the specific date of submissions..

just a thought...

it's here on the bottom. :)

member:

http://hwbot.org/rankings/overclocker/worldwide

teams:

http://hwbot.org/rankings/teams/worldwide

top 5 most active member of a team

http://hwbot.org/community/team/pure?tab=members

• Crew
Then you could also have achievements for benchmarks who don't receive any points: Sandra, PCMark04, PCMark Vantage ;)

Yeah, that's what I was planning to push on if the "socket king" idea has been accepted :)

I got the benchmark achievement right the day I've read the news about jabski taking almost all Core2 PCMark05 golden cups.