HWBOT Community Forums

Gskill F3-2666C11D-16GTXD 2666 c11 2x8GB Perhaps more interesting than you thought

Splave

G.Skill F3-2666C11D-16GTXD Bench Review

qYFfz9M.jpg

Click me for full specs

Insert cool intro about haswell imc being fun, and the current state of memory. :P: Nah im just playing. It really is blast, even for memory benching hipsters that were freezing mems before it was cool. :clap: Crazy to see these new chips unlock the potential that as hidden before in so many kits of ram. On to the benching.

Test Setup:

ASRock z87 m-OCF

4770k random retail

-48c SS by RunMC

Kingpin Dominator mem pot (old school ftw)

ASUS 6600 GT (again old school ftw)

G.Skill F3-2666C11D-16GTXD 2x8gb kit Trident X

Little shot of the sticker, hot off the production line (atleast the sticker is lol)

XrqwsP4.jpg

Air validation, this is boot settings did not push in OS. Just for raw MHz. Pretty nice for 8gb sticks in dual channel. 1.7v

JdibvH0.jpg

And on to the cold sauce.

ugIKg9q.jpg

Mounted up.

CD8xh2h.jpg

Secret Taiwanese tim (cheap and greasy)

SPNG0Dy.jpg

Around -50c here, this stuff eats cold and volts for breakfast, isnt hungry for lunch and then eats a big dinner.

J9sr3nu.jpg

Overview of the setup. Ln2 on the cpu may yield a couple more mhz but at -50c ish Id say we are 80% there atleast.

PTbZWBD.jpg

Dom Pot, gotta love just slapping that thing on memory, no BS just weight and cold.

RWZHdcj.jpg

Cold for 3 hours, very wet out yesterday, everything humming along.

ex7e0Xh.jpg

Results.

Get the ugly max mhz valids out of the way. It pains me to run c14 it really does. About 200mhz higher than air.

jvSbjyV.jpg

And a little nicer looking Result C9 3250MHz

lasJ3Iz.jpg

Good for 2nd Place C9 Result, not bad for dual channel and 16GB's :up:

BwMTIzY.jpg

And some 32m :)

FtSFIuH.jpg

I believe there is some more potential left in these sticks. When benching I heard a couple snaps and later realized that was the heatsinks letting go. This was prior to running 32m so I will put new heatspreaders on and get a proper run done and update this thread.

Conclusion:

This is on sale for $269 on newegg, for 2x8gb and headroom to OC to 3000MHz stable on your 24.7 computer and pull it out to have some fun on the weekends on LN2 I think its right on the money.

So 3000 9-12-12 with some tight subs should actually be able to compete with Samsung? Or the secondary and tertiary timings can't get tight enough?

have to play more, was just going to do valids and stuff but then things got tighter so I had to try some pi. I'll work on them more, have 50L left and another 230L comming monday.

3150 kept failing 9-12-12 and I believe its because the heatspreaders let go, will be using the sf3d ones next time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Bullant

G.Skill F3-2666C11D-16GTXD Bench Review

qYFfz9M.jpg

Click me for full specs

Insert cool intro about haswell imc being fun, and the current state of memory. :P: Nah im just playing. It really is blast, even for memory benching hipsters that were freezing mems before it was cool. :clap: Crazy to see these new chips unlock the potential that as hidden before in so many kits of ram. On to the benching.

Test Setup:

ASRock z87 m-OCF

4770k random retail

-48c SS by RunMC

Kingpin Dominator mem pot (old school ftw)

ASUS 6600 GT (again old school ftw)

G.Skill F3-2666C11D-16GTXD 2x8gb kit Trident X

Little shot of the sticker, hot off the production line (atleast the sticker is lol)

XrqwsP4.jpg

Air validation, this is boot settings did not push in OS. Just for raw MHz. Pretty nice for 8gb sticks in dual channel. 1.7v

JdibvH0.jpg

And on to the cold sauce.

ugIKg9q.jpg

Mounted up.

CD8xh2h.jpg

Secret Taiwanese tim (cheap and greasy)

SPNG0Dy.jpg

Around -50c here, this stuff eats cold and volts for breakfast, isnt hungry for lunch and then eats a big dinner.

J9sr3nu.jpg

Overview of the setup. Ln2 on the cpu may yield a couple more mhz but at -50c ish Id say we are 80% there atleast.

PTbZWBD.jpg

Dom Pot, gotta love just slapping that thing on memory, no BS just weight and cold.

RWZHdcj.jpg

Cold for 3 hours, very wet out yesterday, everything humming along.

ex7e0Xh.jpg

Results.

Get the ugly max mhz valids out of the way. It pains me to run c14 it really does. About 200mhz higher than air.

jvSbjyV.jpg

And a little nicer looking Result C9 3250MHz

lasJ3Iz.jpg

Good for 2nd Place C9 Result, not bad for dual channel and 16GB's :up:

BwMTIzY.jpg

And some 32m :)

FtSFIuH.jpg

I believe there is some more potential left in these sticks. When benching I heard a couple snaps and later realized that was the heatsinks letting go. This was prior to running 32m so I will put new heatspreaders on and get a proper run done and update this thread.

Conclusion:

This is on sale for $269 on newegg, for 2x8gb and headroom to OC to 3000MHz stable on your 24.7 computer and pull it out to have some fun on the weekends on LN2 I think its right on the money.

ahahh,just looking at that tim and KP mem pot,is great to look back over things