HWBOT Community Forums

Trying to Overclock a 4960X on a ASUS P9X79 PRO!!

For the last 2 or 3 Day's now, i have been trying really hard to get my OC to 4.8+ but to no avail. Tried ever which way possible, but the problem lies with the motherboard it goes RED in the Bios when it reaches 5.45v on the Core!

Can not find a way around this problem, its working fine @ 4.7 and doing most of the Bench marks so far!! Just trying to squeeze that little bit extra out of my set up here, i would like to get up to 4.9 if possible!!!

I can boot into 4.8 and 4.9 but the same old story, as soon as you try to use any Apps it Crashes right away oohhh well!

Respectfully,

AJ.

If you feed your core with 5.45 Volt, red color in the UEFI menu is your smaller problem. :D I'm pretty sure you mean 1.45 V Vcore, which is quite a lot. However 4.7 GHz on ambient cooling is already a pretty neat frequency, especially for such a CPU with 6 cores, don't you think? Getting 4.8 or 4.9 GHz stable needs a very strong water cooling solution and very likely binned chips (with a random-picked one you have to be very lucky ;)). I suppose you have recognize this is the limit of your chip