HWBOT Community Forums

anyone knows this new guy come from?

e-Killer

http://hwbot.org/community/user/jtchen2002?tab=profile

I Just Noticed this guy grab some WR on 2D Benchmarks, he doesnt participate in Rankings :S, mmm he is using R3E and Incredible B1 ES.

I dont want to start a heavy discussion here but for me this guys maybe is recent banned menber and i think everyone can bet who Is.

Please check this ...

Andre Yang is indeed working officially for ASUS now in the ROG department. JT Chen also works for ASUS as mainboard R&D / ROG internal overclocker.

I guess we all agree that this probably is Andre (which wouldn't be allowed since his account was suspended), but of course there's very little we can do about it without proof :(

6.8G benchable wow! Nice chip Andre :D

Why ppl always call me "Andre"!? :D

Andre Yang is indeed working officially for ASUS now in the ROG department. JT Chen also works for ASUS as mainboard R&D / ROG internal overclocker.

I guess we all agree that this probably is Andre (which wouldn't be allowed since his account was suspended), but of course there's very little we can do about it without proof :(

We'll find out who he is. Sooner or later.

First of all, nobody didn't pay any attention to the CPU-z windows ?

Look at the Specification string ( yes, that's an ES string, retail CPUs show 980X not 000 :P ).

And look at the other fields and the fact that it doesn't say it's an ES.

Good job Andre & Asus.

Perhaps they didn't just edit the CPU-z window ? :D

Shared CPU or are is there a small pile of 6.7-6.9GHz 980x? :)

*separate idea*

With people working for the company with access to BIOS engineers at conversation level..... how hard/easy is it to have a BIOS made that will show whatever CPU code you want?

Shared CPU or are is there a small pile of 6.7-6.9GHz 980x? :)

*separate idea*

With people working for the company with access to BIOS engineers at conversation level..... how hard/easy is it to have a BIOS made that will show whatever CPU code you want?

Very easy.

Actually you don't need an experienced BIOS engineer to do that, even an amateur can do it.

It's certainly possible, but so is the following scenario too: ASUS + Andre found a few golden chips, Andre shows jtchen how to bench these CPUs.

It would be awesome if we knew for sure, but we don't - even if it looks a little too good to be true with the quality of the chip and the timing.

If you all feel upset by this, here some advice that works with companies: boycot their products!

Well this only concludes one thing for me;

AndreYang deserves a lifetime ban from HWbot, as he is clearly actively doing hw-sharring...

Furthermore I am suprised that some PURE members try to protect Andre, he was caught in cheating, and not just in one occation... This is just the same as people protecting FUGGER over his MIPMAP, or OnePageBook over his photoshop & speedhack.... These guys do not deserve to remain in touch with our hobby, we have to block them out, and keep the sport clean....

Think about it like cycling.... Getting caught with epo is pretty damn hard as the teams are ahead of the researchers.... but GETTING caught, will get you a ban, and you'll loose respect..... THIS in a sport that is FULL of cheating, fortunately computer benchmarking is NOT - so you guy, stop fucking our sport and grab your balls...

Fuck if Andre is/was on your team, he is dirt, he got caught in cheating - KICK him off your team, block him, ban him... Dont start hating him, he can still be a good friend, but for fuck sake he CANNOT be into benchmarking when he is cheating.

I thought Kingpin would personally execute him and put his head on a pile internally at kpcooling, just as a warning to the rest of you guys..... Cheating does not pay!

Andre had PLENTY of chance to defend his actions, so cut the bullshit about "oh noes, it was so unfair treatment of our beloved golden boy"

PS: Love that there is no banana filter here

I can't see why Andre should get a lifetime ban when we don't have any other proof than a good chip similar to the one he has in the hands of a different ASUS employee. Anyone can get a R3E, and if they both work for ASUS it's not so weird they have the same, unreleased(?) BIOS. If this is all it takes to ban someone for HW sharing, then alot of guys will be banned - most of them without doing ANYTHING wrong.

The reason I defend him is because this is a stupid witchhunt based on nothing except assumptions, no hard evidence.