HWBOT Community Forums

I like overclocking for the sake of overclocking!

Massman

I don't care about golden chips,

I don't care about magic tweaks,

I don't care about ego trips,

I care about OC, ... freaks!

Just wanted to say I'm having a blast overclocking this little GA-H55N-USB3 mainboard. I don't really care where I end up in the ranking or who is beating me with what hardware ... I'm just having fun overclocking for the sake of overclocking. Am I the only one?

Hell no you are not the only one. This is what benching and overcloking is all about - getting the best out of budget equipment and having a blast doing it. Has been a really good three weeks of fun with that tiny motherboard and two entry level CPU's. Toss in some OEM ram and a huge slice of learning how to bench 32mil, and you have the recipe for a good time overclocking.

:D Not so sure about your poetry mind you.

I don't like to overclock. What's that kinda hobby ? I think it's totally useless, unrespectfull for the environement and also too addictiv :D

Hey dudes it's now 3 months I can't clock anymore because I'm on the way to move... all my hardware is gone at thousand miles away :( I'M DIEing!!

I started 12years ago to bench with 3Dmark 2001 and Aquamark3, get's my first OCs to win pts in those benchs and have a better framerate in games... and now? I don't play anymore until I have componements to overclock.

What? I could play again though ? ...instead of crying ^^ Nope I want my benching rigs back !!! and moar COLD :D

I don't care about my scores (so little, nope! the care not the scores lol)

What I like the best in this use of hw is the way it satisfy yourself when something is achieved, the seek, the learn about techies and sharing with my friends on a common passion.

Overclocking is a tough drug imho :P

I would like to agree, but actually I like tweaks, magic or not. :(

I started 12years ago to bench with 3Dmark 2001 and Aquamark3

So you started 12 years ago to bench 3DMark 2001 (released 2001) and Aquamark 3 (released 2003)?

Maybe you overclocked your daily routine or it is connected to a

tough drug
so you can´t remember exactly? :D

j/k ;)

I would like to agree, but actually I like tweaks, magic or not. :(

So you started 12 years ago to bench 3DMark 2001 (released 2001) and Aquamark 3 (released 2003)?

Maybe you overclocked your daily routine or it is connected to a

so you can´t remember exactly? :D

j/k ;)

Damn! ...owned! :( Yeah yeah I admit that I gat issues to calculate on my own that's why I gat a computer for this Hyperhorn :D

12years in IT stuffs (especially HW) and started to bench since the begining of those GTs

But something interesting is, that I've been out of the community for years without no internet connection. Learned from myself and with some friends help.

So all those HWs soap are kinda new for me tbh and makes me laught a bit ^^

Well I'll tell you my deep opinion Massman: We all use to play the same way in action, we all love to start OCing our componements and see how it scale/render with benching sessions. Pushing and pushing again...

Some people don't understand what we're doing and others do... what changed alot is the way it is after :D submissions, sharing our scores on forums, playing the €go etc... But at last the game stays the same !

@Dino: yup same name for the picture ...seems the server is infected xD

• Crew

i think if your benching for any other reasons except because you enjoy overclocking its the wrong reason...

if you enjoy competing on hwbot or competitions, do it, if you just want to potter at your own pace on air do it, at the end of the day its about a hobby thats enjoyable.. and hopefully you dont have to mortgage your house to maintain

I love OCing and benching, it's fun!

I also enjoy competing at it, but that's really just an added bonus after a day of benching.

It's great fun to sit down and start putting scores in and discover you managed a 3rd or somesuch.

I will admit that i've spent time trying to hunt down my idol/mentors when i've seen that they have used the same hardware. Beating them is even more fun!

But when it comes down to it, i'd still OC and bench and run extreme cooling even if there wasn't anyone else to compare to.