HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2014 Discussion

Massman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOA is seriously a battle of the wallets. Honestly. The person with the most cash who can suck up the best hardware will win the trip to Taipei. That has to be dealt with. Random hardware draws are the best way to have competitions. That's how I feel about it.

Heres a thought. Everyone show up with their hardware. Throw it in boxes. Identical boxes. one box for cpu's one box for gpus. Everyone has their own other stuff. Mix up al the boxes, number the boxes and then give numbers out. What ever number you get, you get that box. ROFL!!!

It actually sounds like fun. But I know it won't happen.

Duke;298013']Heres a thought. Everyone show up with their hardware. Throw it in boxes. Identical boxes. one box for cpu's one box for gpus. Everyone has their own other stuff. Mix up al the boxes' date=' number the boxes and then give numbers out. What ever number you get, you get that box. ROFL!!!

It actually sounds like fun. But I know it won't happen.[/quote']

The problem is not the cost of 'a live qualifier', it's the cost of 'an moa qualifier'. You and me can do just fine with a room and LN2 to do the qualifying in, but of course a company that size must make a big marketing event of it. A company of the likes of MSI can't just go for an anonymous backdoor venue for the qualifying phase of their most prestigious live overclocking event.