HWBOT Community Forums

Rev6 Divisions Explained - Working Document Alpha Version

Massman

Hey all,

Now that our designer is wrapping up the design and has made me really excited about the upcoming R6, I want to share this with the rest of the community. But firstly I would like to express my gratitude to the people who read through the second revision of the text and provided some comments and suggestions. Those are included in this version as well for reference.

Please understand that this is an alpha draft of the R6 document we're planning to publish a month or so before the release. It includes about a third of the full document and mainly deals with the explanation of the divisions.

Feel free to read through the document and ask questions or give suggestions. We'll include an answer to questions and suggestions in future revisions of the document.

Link: http://news.hwbot.org/revision6/rev6doc_divisionExplainedr3.pdf

(please keep the discussion civil)

interesting read.

i do not really understand the Challenger Series in the way of that there are benches where a 3930k would be favorable over a 4670k but if i understand correct if in the beginning of series i choose the i7 3930 i cannot go back to i5 4670?

just saw the clock and thought wow me old furtz has nothing better to do at this clock.

Edited by basco

So basically, to make things simpler you are going to insert the Challenger series between current XOC and Pro leagues that is meant to somehow magically bring money and fame to those winning in their own divisions.

Will it be obligatory for every member to be a member of some division of the Challenger series?

The design is founded on the principle that you can only participate in one division. We want to avoid having a situation where a top dog goes in to different categories and wins everything. There's no point in seeing the same name win various categories.

Feel free to protest and argue why it should be considered differently.

• Crew

early massman

(please keep the discussion civil)

later massman

Feel free to protest and argue

@trouff, I like the challanger series, i would rather enter competitions like this with a team than go for pro-oc

• 2 weeks later...
I think that one division is a good idea to limit to flooding by big name.

One concern would be teams of 5/6 people trying to be on top in each category instead of participating in the Pro OC.

Enjoy ;)

How does HWBOT plan on dealing with well known (or unknown for that matter) team accounts? Since team accounts are allowed on HWBOT will a team account be allowed to join the Challenger Series.

I very much think it is a good thing for a competitive series that provides some individual recognition instead of the usual heavy emphasis on team play.