Alright, posting this here because it's relevant to both EMEA and APAC qualifier.
!! AfterBurner Extreme for 7970 Lightning !!
Okay, as you all know, it's not that easy for MSI to just hand out fully unlocked versions of Afterburner to any user. Why? Warranty issues, obviously. You don't want a noob shooting 2V through their card and then RMA it 'because it stopped working'. For the MOA participants, who we assume are familiar with the badassness that is LN2, things are a little different. Usually, they know the risks of extreme overclocking and how to keep everything as safe as possible.
So, for the people who want to use their 7970 Lightning in the MOA qualifiers MSI will be providing Afterburner Extreme software. There are a couple of rules, though. Please make sure you've read through all of them before applying!!
A. Application period:
- EMEA Qualifier : From today to June 5 (Only open for EMEA region OCer)
- APAC Qualifer: June 15-June 22 (Only open for APAC region OCer)
B. Application procedure:
- Overclocker must send the request to HWBOT (email@example.com) and get the NDA contract form.
- Overclocker must prepare the content including:
--- signed NDA contract
--- picture of the sticker of your R7970 Lightning (ie: proving you have a 7970 lightning)
--- the link for their overclocking photo with LN2 (ie: proving you've done LN2 before)
- The process for tool building takes at least 2 work days
C. Application notes:
- The Afterburner tool will expire when the competition is over (EMEA : 6/15, APAC: 7/20)
- All the Afterburner extreme will shows the user’s name on the Afterburner interface.
- The Afterburner Extreme user is prohibited to share or leak to other user.
- User must understand there is risk for using the Afterburner Extreme and MSI will NOT provide warranty for overclocking damage
- If there is found a user leak or share the Afterburner extreme, the user will be forever disqualified from MSI’s OC event in the future. And also be disqualified for enter the MOA2012 Grand Final
- If the user been disqualified to MOA2012 Grand Final. The next winner will take the ticket to MOA 2012 Grand Final.
- For the complete rule please refer to the NDA contract. Thanks!
D. Application package:
- Afterburner Extreme
- Special BIOS for R7970 Lightning
So, just to make everything clear: during application period, MOA participants can request a version of the Afterburner Extreme + the OC bios for the 7970 Lightning. Outside the application period, I can't help you anymore and you'll have to go through your local office to request a version. The rules for the application are very clear: share and you're dead. If you don't agree, no problem ... don't request a software version then. If you kill your card, for the love of OC don't sent it back to RMA.
Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.
Things people say
: Massman is a god (05-02-2102)
, You're a genius (25-10-2011)
, Massman, overlord of overclocking (07-30-2010)
, brain dead corporate dude that deserves to be stillborn (09-18-2010)
Things I write
: Critical thinking - Should Maximus V Extreme be banned from competitive overclocking?
, HWBOT Vision 2012
, The Industry’s Social Responsibilities – Support the Community.
, In Response to Chew's Goodbye Note (the unhealthy relation between company and community)
, The X58A-OC, the enthusiast community and a long-term vision
, The Efficiency Rating
, Hardware sharing, nostra culpa?
, The paradox of a fair overclocking competition
, HWBOT Memory Index v0.1
, AMD Thuban Voltage and Temperature Scaling
, Is LN2 on GPU really worth the trouble?