Go Back   hwbot.org > HWBOT > HWBOT OC-Crime Center

HWBOT OC-Crime Center This subforum is dedicated to collecting information on OC-related crime.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:11
robo cop

unfortunately all we can do is rely on honesty of the users...

now here is a question regarding the new algorithm...

I have an i7-920 and a GTX580, a teammate has a i7-2600k and a 7970... he's done all of his submissions for his HW and all the benches, and I have done all of mine, but then I borrow his i7-2600K for my 3D benches using my GTX580...

now because he has a 2600K and I now have a 2600K in submissions but we both have different GPU for GPU benches does the updated TPP algorithm with the /10 take in to account that the same CPU was used for 2 different GPU's or is it only for when 2 users submit a score with the same GPU?

I hope I explained that question well enough..

Vin

Old 03-14-2012, 07:21
kitchen robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poparamiro View Post
I would stay on -20c ambient but the problem is that heatpipe coolers do not work under ~ -2c.

At -10c ambient i have same load temps that i get on +25c ambient.
i found that the fatter heatpipes of the ifx (and silver arrow) can work better than the thinner ones at low temps but they give up around -8 :/

cold air ftw, not like these pussies with ln2 or cascades :P
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12
robo cop

So I hate to bring this up again, but I still feel poparamiro and nachtfalke are sharing hardware...

Exact same clocks, and same CPU model...but they claim one is on "Air" and the other is on "Water"...both cards being alien cards, outstanding for either class, both hold #1 for ambient cooling.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2251554_...r3_21213_marks
http://hwbot.org/submission/2275402_...r3_21282_marks

Also, nachtfalke's 4850 has had the vendor ID manipulated to read "Dell"...really? Monstru can claim whatever he wants but those are super cherry picked-card type results, if they sold the card to each other I'm sorry but it's kind of suspicious.

Also 10 days ago they both submitted 7970 results both with ASUS bios cards (may be completely different...)...which may be a coincidence but how many coincidences can you have? Also 2 weeks ago poparamiro submitted a bunch of 2x 4850 results and 6 days ago nachtfalke followed up. On vantage submission, nachtfalke labeled his card "XFX 7970 Core Edition" but it is flashed with ASUS bios just like poparamiro (left info blank, does that a lot)

Also, if poparamiro is going to compete in the Enthusiast league, why do very many of his submissions not have photos of his setup? ...not just that but others are obscure and he often leaves out what board he uses both in HWBOT info and screenshots. I see a lot of the same parts doing very similar clocks but the difference is that nachtfalke's results are always on cascade or phase for CPU and GPUs on water at same/slightly higher clocks.

Last edited by BeepBeep2; 04-27-2012 at 03:44.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32
robo cop

I didn't know Dell made 4800 Series cards...

Good to know..

Vin

Old 04-27-2012, 06:33
Never send a human to do a machine's job.

Send a message via MSN to GENiEBEN Send a message via Skype™ to GENiEBEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
Also, nachtfalke's 4850 has had the vendor ID manipulated to read "Dell"...really? Monstru can claim whatever he wants but those are super cherry picked-card type results, if they sold the card to each other I'm sorry but it's kind of suspicious.
Do tell how you can tell a vendor ID has been manipulated

Quote:
Also 10 days ago they both submitted 7970 results both with ASUS bios cards (may be completely different...)...which may be a coincidence but how many coincidences can you have? Also 2 weeks ago poparamiro submitted a bunch of 2x 4850 results and 6 days ago nachtfalke followed up. On vantage submission, nachtfalke labeled his card "XFX 7970 Core Edition" but it is flashed with ASUS bios just like poparamiro (left info blank, does that a lot)
It so happens everyone uses the Asus bios, why exactly is this a problem? From what I remember nacht owned more than just 1 XFX card, so he may aswell own an Asus card.

Quote:
Also, if poparamiro is going to compete in the Enthusiast league, why do very many of his submissions not have photos of his setup? ...not just that but others are obscure and he often leaves out what board he uses both in HWBOT info and screenshots. I see a lot of the same parts doing very similar clocks but the difference is that nachtfalke's results are always on cascade or phase for CPU and GPUs on water at same/slightly higher clocks.
He always uses setup pics, besides once you set your top 15/20 whatever scores it doesnt matter anymore
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49
robo cop

...really, you didn't know that vendor ID is read out by GPU-Z?

With 7970's, of course, exactly why I said "may be completely different" "may be coincidence"

Uhh, and I think it's safe to say that about half of poparamiro's results don't have setup pics...and are missing almost all component info but CPU and maybe ram speed, usually only in screenshot.

As far as the 4850 results, both of their cards do exactly the same clocks, and those clocks are ridiculous? (Most 4850 hit ~850-900 on air even with vmod) They're also using same CPU/motherboard models, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything on its own.

Last edited by BeepBeep2; 04-27-2012 at 07:09.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15
Never send a human to do a machine's job.

Send a message via MSN to GENiEBEN Send a message via Skype™ to GENiEBEN

Quote:
...really, you didn't know that vendor ID is read out by GPU-Z?

With 7970's, of course, exactly why I said "may be completely different" "may be coincidence"

Uhh, and I think it's safe to say that about half of poparamiro's results don't have setup pics...and are missing almost all component info but CPU and maybe ram speed, usually only in screenshot.

As far as the 4850 results, both of their cards do exactly the same clocks, and those clocks are ridiculous? (Most 4850 hit ~850-900 on air even with vmod) They're also using same CPU/motherboard models, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything on its own.
So hard to understand your own language? How can you tell it was, and i will bold this time, MANIPULATED?

Have a look at top 10 Pro league, who enters info? Some dont even bother entering cpu frequency

I think they have a conspiracy plan,they send each other the cpu/mobo/vga every week , 800miles away, and they arent telling us /s.

Quote:
Why the hell are you insulting me?
:}|

Last edited by GENiEBEN; 04-27-2012 at 07:33.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24
robo cop

It is super easy to change the device ID of a card.
However why the f*** change it to "Dell"?

Unless he happened to use a card pulled from a Dell machine why would it say Dell?

Why the hell are you insulting me?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10
transformer

There are Dell HD4850 cards (reference). You can find one in ebay as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:15
robo cop

Thanks for clarification.

EDIT:
Now that I'm on a desktop and not a smartphone I can load results...

Last edited by BeepBeep2; 04-27-2012 at 12:25.
Closed Thread