Go Back   hwbot.org > HWBOT international > Discuss members

Discuss members Discuss fellow overclockers.

Old 05-10-2012, 19:34
robo cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
Find a little better CPU and I'll make you a rich man by buying your golden CPU
Hm, my cpu isn't good for you?
I can sell it )
Old 05-10-2012, 20:05
transformer

Send a message via ICQ to BenchZowner Send a message via AIM to BenchZowner Send a message via MSN to BenchZowner Send a message via Skype™ to BenchZowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
Oh.

So it's okay to buy 30k worth of 3770K chips and then get a credit note of 29.7k and pay €300 for the best one?

//edit: not trying to be an ass here; just pointing out your rule has a 'paperwork'-loophole.
That's not ok as well, but is there such a place where you can do that ?
Old 05-10-2012, 22:02
1guy4000cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
Oh.

So it's okay to buy 30k worth of 3770K chips and then get a credit note of 29.7k and pay €300 for the best one?

//edit: not trying to be an ass here; just pointing out your rule has a 'paperwork'-loophole.
Then, what is the real criteria for being "forced" to enter the pro league? Must be something as simple as "yes/no" with NO exceptions whatsoever, then by your latest arguments receiving HW support from a vendor is a yes/no thing, but then we either allow ALL vendor support, or nothing at all in the OC league (that is, receiving one cpu equals receiving 1000). So basically, any guy working for a vendor could still be in the oc league as long as this person does not submit scores using engineering samples. Receving a paycheck from a vendor is not a good argument to force anyone go pro, a paycheck doesn't have anything to do with benching hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 05-10-2012, 22:24
-deleted-

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
Then, what is the real criteria for being "forced" to enter the pro league? Must be something as simple as "yes/no" with NO exceptions whatsoever, then by your latest arguments receiving HW support from a vendor is a yes/no thing, but then we either allow ALL vendor support, or nothing at all in the OC league (that is, receiving one cpu equals receiving 1000). So basically, any guy working for a vendor could still be in the oc league as long as this person does not submit scores using engineering samples. Receving a paycheck from a vendor is not a good argument to force anyone go pro, a paycheck doesn't have anything to do with benching hardware.
To sum up the thread, aside from a few buttheads posting bunnyextraction (it is the internet after all)
Pro League, was souly made to prevent vendors in interfearing with regular league officially, seeding is still accepted though - the original official reason for creating it, turned out to be false, a lie... Or it could be that standpoint has changed since then, maybe interest conflict...

EDIT: Sorry if I neglected a few posts that were actually important, didnt bother reading all, too much OT crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman
I'm willing to try everything
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14
transformer

Send a message via AIM to I.M.O.G.

I thought the OC League was created to give people the opportunity to opt out. Previously, "pros" had no choice but to be in OC league because thats all there was. Now there is a choice, and I think that is an improvement.

I think sometimes people lose sight of that, or otherwise create a fallacy that the leagues were intended to be an ideal system... I always thought it was intended as a less flawed system.

For lack of a better solution (I haven't read any suggestions I perceive as an improvement yet) I think this one works well. A few people with extreme advantages still in the OC league don't ruin my fun. I prefer everyone has a choice, because I would like to have a choice too.

Quote:
Benching ES on the latest gen is a yes/no, I think? I know I didn't buy ES for two reasons - didn't want to be forced pro, and its sort of illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroush on HWBOT View Post
Of course it will be bug free, I only write flawless code.

Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 05-11-2012 at 02:18.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:30
1guy4000cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
I thought the OC League was created to give people the opportunity to opt out. Previously, "pros" had no choice but to be in OC league because thats all there was. Now there is a choice, and I think that is an improvement.

I think sometimes people lose sight of that, or otherwise create a fallacy that the leagues were intended to be an ideal system... I always thought it was intended as a less flawed system.

For lack of a better solution (I haven't read any suggestions I perceive as an improvement yet) I think this one works well. A few people with extreme advantages still in the OC league don't ruin my fun. I prefer everyone has a choice, because I would like to have a choice too.

Benching ES on the latest gen is a yes/no, I think? I know I didn't buy ES for two reasons - didn't want to be forced pro, and its sort of illegal.
Yes, that's a yes/no question, and I support the decision to force the people who use ES to go pro (if the user doesn't disable points for those submissions of course, then it's still OK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12
transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
Oh, right...42. Scratch that last one.
i see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
whats LOD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
If you can't beat 'em, report them! lol
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37
Don't PM me, PM Massman instead

Send a message via Skype™ to Christian Ney

I just wanted post #99
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37
Don't PM me, PM Massman instead

Send a message via Skype™ to Christian Ney

and also post #100

I will sleep well tonight
Old 05-11-2012, 07:40
Abhorrently evil braindead kind-hearted money-driven child-hating short-sighted hardware-sharing cheating
macho nacho supreme discriminating clueless idiot boy genius with sense of humor

Send a message via MSN to Massman

Quote:
There are three main arguments to move or get moved to the Pro League:

1) You work for a hardware vendor (cpu/mb/vga/...)-
2) You get an excessive amount of hardware support
3) Using ES

I'm not going to expand on the why's for every point, but essentially the Pro League all comes down to getting the super-sponsored out of the regular league as it was upsetting some people.

Now, go you have to be moved to Pro if you get a piece of hardware once in a while? No. Getting a free mainboard will not help you get any better in the rankings. Am I actively searching for vendor reps in the +1000 ranks of the OCL? No. There might be some vendor reps still in the OCL, but highly inactive so it doesn't matter.

You guys are taking this thread way too seriously. And it's me(!) who's saying that. There is no real "pro-circuit" in overclocking; maybe 5 people in the world are actually getting paid to do overclocking and of those 5, none are getting paid to do well in the HWBOT League. There are now 70 people in the Pro League ...

To be honest, I prefer regular guys getting in touch with stores to find their golden CPU than paying a rediculous amount of cash for one that has been pre-binned. Not only does it keep the cost down, but it helps spreading the sweetness that is overclock AND is a chance for new friendchips.