Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

OBT / BC1 Discussion Share your thoughts and opinions on the Open Benchtable / Streacom BC1 product

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2017
construction bot

wiLLius
Default Re: Insulation mattress for Extreme OC

Cut-out for the cable of the KPC inferno is a must imo.
Old 07-29-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiLLius View Post
Cut-out for the cable of the KPC inferno is a must imo.
I think it depends on the final design there might be a better way than a raw cut, but will definitely think about it.
Old 08-01-2017
construction bot

wiLLius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
I think it depends on the final design there might be a better way than a raw cut, but will definitely think about it.
Yeah i understand, but when we are paying ''alot'' for insulation, instead of some random sheet of armaflex. id like it to be as close to, set and forget. If we would need to cut it ourself it nulifies the whole purpose of a waterjet cut insulation sheet no?
Old 08-01-2017
robot overlord

zeropluszero is on a distinguished road

Yeh but I think you need to understand the design challenge. One cutout for an insulation mattress is not going to fit all boards. The CPU position can change relative to ATX board holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post
Because I'm a well know cheater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
the most responsible overclocker in the world: @zeropluszero
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
The only cpu's I give back are dead ones
Old 08-02-2017
construction bot

wiLLius

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
Yeh but I think you need to understand the design challenge. One cutout for an insulation mattress is not going to fit all boards. The CPU position can change relative to ATX board holes.
I see where you are coming from, but that would also count for the CPU backplate cutout itself, so that should accommodate all, achieved by making the whole as wide as it needs to be, so all would fit, same for the cutout of the cable, make it wide so it fits whether your backplate is far up down or sideways. If you know what I mean.

(Is there a proper OC board that has its socket placement centimeters from where others hve it? Afaik there isn't, but I like to be educated when I'm wrong. The usecase doesn't matter for lots of boards, you'd only need to accomplish compatibility with widely used XOC boards, Apex' (M)OCF, REXes SOCs etc, most of us don't care if it fits on some bonkers RGB z270 120 euro board made for gamers I would assume)

In the case of making a cutout for the wire of a socket heater, one would need to use a socket heater, the gap would be too large without it and it would be the same as running without insulation at all. So that's something to think about aswel.

Remember, this ain't criticizing, thinking out loud, and trying to help. Because the idea itself is awesome. I'd love to dump my crooked homecut sheet of insulation. Here in the Netherlands we hve this saying, a proper start is half the work
Old 08-07-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

As Matt hinted, lot of boards have different positions for the socket.

Of course the key is to support actual highly use motherboard but the upcoming as well.

There is the survey in the first post to help map this, so if you have the boards, can you take a minute to share the measurement?

We have a solution for the easy and clean cutout that would not be too big. Just need to time it with the correct dimensions.