Go Back   HWBOT forum > Overclocking & benchmarking > Intel CPU Overclocking > X58A-OC Owners Club

X58A-OC Owners Club Meet and greet other proud owners of GIGABYTE's X58A-OC mainboard

Old 09-25-2014
robo cop

zzolio

I've never seen something died because of high PCIe and I bench with 135Mhz PCIe
Old 09-25-2014
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator

der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer

Same here. Just got unstable at a certrain point.
Old 09-25-2014
transformer

suzuki

i was talking about ambient cooling,dunno where is the limit on subzero.
On classified i saw this problem a lot,hence many of them were without functional sound,or lan or even sata ports.
It was just a hint to be careful with that thing,it's better to be safe than sorry.
Old 09-25-2014
TheMadDutchDude

Thanks for the heads up suzuki. Killing stuff isn't first on the list of things to do but it's a part of the game.
Old 09-25-2014
TheMadDutchDude

I have good news!

Thanks to all that have given me a hand in this thread. Honestly, I couldn't have done it without you. I've got the board benching at 235 - 240 now with a few tweaks. Time to try some more tweaks and get this thing flying.
Old 09-25-2014
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator

der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer

So what was the issue in the end?
Old 09-25-2014
robo cop

zzolio

let me know when you get close http://hwbot.org/submission/2544176_...7_920_5701_mhz
Old 09-25-2014
TheMadDutchDude

I haven't got a cascade so that's me out of that one already. Haha. I've almost touched 5GHz, but it still needs more voltage fine tuning.

Honestly, I have no idea what the problem was. I upped the PCIE to 115MHz and upped voltages by 0.2v across the board, and it just worked. LOL. I tried lowering the PCIE frequency but it was giving the same problems as before. I guess there's the answer.
Old 09-25-2014
TheMadDutchDude

Any hints as to what the PCIE voltage and QPI/Vtt/IOH/ICH should be at?

EDIT: I did squeeze this from it.

EDIT2: I found out that the copy of wPrime had corrupted and caused the system to crash every time it tried to go higher than 22% completed. It's now chugging along at 225 BCLK and is almost done as I type... I feel like such a NEWB.

Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 09-25-2014 at 22:54.
Old 11-05-2014
TheMadDutchDude

Just to prove that it was rookie mistakes that were holding me back... I had another go but on LN2 this time.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2667952_...20_5459.63_mhz

The board got too wet to carry on, so I will try for more tomorrow with HT disabled and cores turned off too.