Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

Benchmark software Discuss benchmarking software.

User Tag List

Y-Cruncher Multi-Threaded Pi-Benchmark Updated with GUI and HWBOT Compatibility

y-cruncher is a benchmark program that computes Pi and other mathematical constants to the region of billions or even trillions of digits. The program was created to calculate the vastest Pi numbers possible and in fact holds the world record for the most ever recorded; 13.3 trillion to be exact. Previously only available sans user interface, our man Mystical has taken the time to create a more complete app that integrates a graphical user interface and the ability to submit on HWBOT.

Originally developed in 2009 as a high school project by Alexander J. Yee, y-cruncher is actually quite unique in a number of different ways. It?s the first Pi computing program that can use multiple threads for a near linear boost in calculation speed, it can also use and stress unlimited amounts of system memory and it also uses ISA extensions such as SSE and AVX available on most modern processors.

The new app created by Mystical is called the y-cruncher HWBOT Submitter. It's written in Java and requires Java 8 runtime to run. Note: y-cruncher itself has no requirements other than Windows Vista or later or above. The app includes three presets; Pi to 25 million digits, 1 billion digits and 10 billion digits. The 25 million digit run will complete in just under two seconds, whereas the 10 billion run will require 48GB of memory.

You can learn more about the y-cruncher HWBOT Submitter on the forum thread here.

Mar 28, 2016 - article - forum.hwbot.org
Old 03-28-2016
transformer

flanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Math turns benchmark: y-cruncher meets HWBOT

good work guys!
Old 03-28-2016
transformer

flanker is on a distinguished road

awesome, this benchmarkm is also very stressfull. But I like it
Old 03-29-2016
grunt bot

Mysticial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
One issue though, I can't seem to submit my Pi-25m result. I'm using the "y-cruncher v0.6.9 with HWBOT Submitter"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulstation View Post
ok thx.have the same error on my wifes Laptop whit win 8
I've just uploaded a new version (v0.9.1.61) that will output the datafile and the full error message when a submission fails.

If it fails again, please send me the following files: (zip them up and attach here)
  • error-response.txt
  • error-datafile.hwbot
  • Validation - Pi - 25,000,000.txt (or whatever you ran)

Hopefully that will be enough for me to figure out what the hell went wrong. Unfortunately, that's the best I can do since I've been unable to repro the error on any of my own machines.

(Btw, the datafile is encrypted. But it's being sent unencrypted to HWBOT since I can't get that to work.)
Old 03-29-2016
robo cop

skulstation

stil not working on wyfes loptop.
when i am back home after work i gone try it on the other config and send all the files.
what is your e-mail to send it.pm don't like one hwbot file
Old 03-29-2016
kitchen robot

JeRiKo1

Here are some error files
Attached Files
File Type: zip error-response.zip (27.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by JeRiKo1; 03-29-2016 at 13:51.
Old 03-29-2016
grunt bot

Mysticial

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulstation View Post
stil not working on wyfes loptop.
when i am back home after work i gone try it on the other config and send all the files.
what is your e-mail to send it.pm don't like one hwbot file
Right, I haven't actually fixed anything yet with v0.9.1.61. All I did was add the logging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRiKo1 View Post
Here are some error files
Thank you! That did it:
Quote:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 27; cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:

'9,518' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.
A localization bug. Decimals were being converted with commas instead of a decimal point. And because of that the HWBOT server couldn't parse them.

I just pushed out a fix for that. See if v0.9.1.62 works for you guys.

I can't guarantee that's the only localization bug. But at least we're one step closer. And that would explain why it worked on all my machines.

Last edited by Mysticial; 03-29-2016 at 14:39.
Old 03-29-2016
robo cop

skulstation
Thumbs up Re: Math turns benchmark: y-cruncher meets HWBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticial View Post
Right, I haven't actually fixed anything yet with v0.9.1.61. All I did was add the logging.

Thank you! That did it:

A localization bug. Decimals were being converted with commas instead of a decimal point. And because of that the HWBOT server couldn't parse them.

I just pushed out a fix for that. See if v0.9.1.62 works for you guys.

I can't guarantee that's the only localization bug. But at least we're one step closer. And that would explain why it worked on all my machines.
it works on the tyan test setup whil also test it on wifes Laptop

edit : it also works on the wifes laptop
http://hwbot.org/submission/3173421_...calculate=true

Last edited by skulstation; 03-29-2016 at 18:42.
Old 03-29-2016
In the distance

Thanked 1,103 Times in 547 Posts
Massman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Massman

Works here too: http://hwbot.org/submission/3173424_...calculate=true

Will try to fire up a more capable system later today

For all HWBOT community related questions, contact Christian Ney or Websmile. For any other questions, contact me at pieter@hwbot.org.
Old 03-30-2016
grunt bot

ZFeSS

Good work!
Mysticial, can I ask you some question?
You used Java only for GUI? So is it possible to run benchmark, save validation file and submit through java app on other machine? I think most benchers don't like 2D benchmarks that require additional software to run.
As far as I can understand benchmark run linux, problem is in java submitter?
Old 03-30-2016
grunt bot

Mysticial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFeSS View Post
Good work!
Mysticial, can I ask you some question?
You used Java only for GUI? So is it possible to run benchmark, save validation file and submit through java app on other machine? I think most benchers don't like 2D benchmarks that require additional software to run.
As far as I can understand benchmark run linux, problem is in java submitter?
Correct. Only the submitter app is in Java. The main app has always been in C and C++. I chose Java for the submitter app because GUI and networking is a pain-in-the-ass in C++. (I also expected it to work out-of-the-box in Linux as well.)

Yes, the validation file is the only thing that matters. So you can run the benchmark one machine, and transfer it to another machine to submit it.

For that matter, any Pi computation to one of the supported sizes can be submitted to HWBOT. It doesn't have to be one of the benchmark options. You can use the custom compute menu to fine-tune the parameters. (Hint: The default parameters are often sub-optimal. So you'll probably need to do this anyway to get the best possible time.)

In the future, I'm probably going to add one limitation in that the computation has to be contiguous. (So that you can't start a computation on a fast computer, pause it, and finish it on a slower one to make the slow one appear faster than it really is.)