Go Back   HWBOT forum > Overclocking & benchmarking > Benchmark software

Benchmark software Discuss benchmarking software.

New Benchmark Coming Soon: HWBOT x265 Benchmark (encoding in 1080P and 4K)

Not so long after a successful integration of the GPUPI benchmark developed by Matthias from overclockers.at, we will soon feature another new benchmark with submission API functionality: HWBOT x265 Benchmark.

The benchmark is developed by Czech overclocker Havli who is home to hw-museum.cz. The benchmarks renders a video in 1080P or 4K resolution using the x265/HEVC encoder. It can take advantage of modern CPU instructions set and multi-threaded. The benchmark is also capable of running even on old gear such as Athlon XP, be it rather slowly of course. The benchmark supports two presets: 1080P and 4K.

The integration with HWBOT is similar to GPUPI: it supports both direct submission from the application as well as saving the data file to submit at a later point in time. Currently the benchmark is in alpha phase. You can download a version from the forum thread located HERE. The alpha version has been tested by our software team (read: Genieben) and it is solid enough to soon move to the beta phase. During the beta phase we will host a small competition so the hardcore competitive overclockers can put the benchmark through its paces.

It's nice to see a real-world rendering benchmark with solid API support come to life. With the right tweaking and tuning, I'm sure it will be as successful as GPUPI!

Aug 18, 2015 - article - forum.hwbot.org
Old 06-13-2017
kitchen robot

rakesh_sharma23
Default Re: HWBOT x265 Benchmark

To eliminate all software issues i formated my HDD install WIN10 with all updates, AV will all updates and again downloaded from hwbot site. this time AV gives a warning please check ..
Old 06-13-2017
robo cop

havli

It seems you are having two problems:

1. The x265 Benchmark package is compressed using rar5 format, which is not compatible with older versions of Winrar.
2. With 99.999% chance a false positive detection by your AV software. I'm afraid there is no solution to this other than either add an exception to your AV to ignore "HWBOTx265Benchmark.exe" (if possible) or use a different AV software.
Old 06-14-2017
kitchen robot

rakesh_sharma23

The problem was with the WinRAR setup .. so download the latest one and all solved.

Unrar successfully with WinRAR Version 5.1 or above.

Thanks all for great feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havli View Post
It seems you are having two problems:

1. The x265 Benchmark package is compressed using rar5 format, which is not compatible with older versions of Winrar.
2. With 99.999% chance a false positive detection by your AV software. I'm afraid there is no solution to this other than either add an exception to your AV to ignore "HWBOTx265Benchmark.exe" (if possible) or use a different AV software.
Old 06-14-2017
grunt bot

Taloken is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to have it packaged as a ZIP archive please ?
A much more convenient and universal format
Old 07-12-2017
kitchen robot

diola is on a distinguished road

Hi, i detect some bug whem use this command with one Core i9-7900X: bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes

After applying this command, several games applications have performance declines.

Simply disable using the command(or simple dont use the firts command, but HWBOt X265 Bench dont wotk to): bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

That the results normalize.
Old 07-27-2017
construction bot

wiLLius

I've got this weird problem on a stripped W7 image of mine.

Latest version of the bench program.

Bench runs fine, puts out a score etc. But the save file button doesn't do anything.

and since removed all LAN capabilities of the image, i cannot upload a score.

Tried on W10, stock and it worked just fine there. So its either something with W7, or something with my image.
Old 07-28-2017
kitchen robot

diola is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diola View Post
Hi, i detect some bug whem use this command with one Core i9-7900X: bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes

After applying this command, several games applications have performance declines.

Simply disable using the command(or simple dont use the firts command, but HWBOt X265 Bench dont wotk to): bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

That the results normalize.
Correcting...

It does not just happen with the Core i9-7900X, it happens with all CPU.

[]
Old 07-28-2017
robo cop

havli

Most likely something is missing in your special win7 install. I never had this problem in windows 7 and neither anywhere else. But I never use modded OS, so it must be the reason.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Fully capable of playing games

Mr.Scott is on a distinguished road

Havli, X265 does not detect unlocked cores? I mean, it detects and runs the cores correctly in the bench and GUI, but they're not included in the data file.
Example: CPU 960T unlocked to 5 or 6 cores shows and runs correctly in the GUI and bench, but the data file still designates it as 4 cores active and you cannot edit the sub's core count.
Also, cannot edit core count after submission.

Warp9-systems, the Antichrist of competitive benchmarking.
Loved by thousands, hated by millions.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
robo cop

havli

Cores count is shown in the GUI but the data file doesn't contain this information.
Only CPU name and socket count are stored there. Core count is determined by HWBOT based on the CPU model (either by autodetection or by manual typing what CPU you have).

The truth is editing of existing submission to fill in correct CPU parameters is kinda broken.

For example I've just submitted this as a test. http://hwbot.org/submission/3713436_ (I'll delete it tomorrow) The CPU model wasn't detected, so at first I selected X4 960T unlocked to 5 cores... worked. Then I edited to unlocked 6 cores, also worked. Then switched to X2 550 unlocked to 4 cores... also worked. But now when I want to edit to 3 active cores the edit fails with a white screen.

I'm not sure how HWBOT API detection works on real unlocked parts - they are usually detected by diferent name than original. If it is not detected properly and you have to type the name yourself, then it should be also possible to select actual unlocked status. If it is detected correctly (like X4 960T) and editing after submission has been uploaded doesn't work, there is one workaround. Instead of saving the datafile and manual uploading later, you can upload directly from X265 and there is an option to disable CPU detection. In that case it should be possible to choose correct CPU and core count.

I guess it would be also handy to have this option with data-file saving. I can add it in future version, shouldn't be a problem. Or working edit function on hwbot could solve this.