Go Back   HWBOT forum > Overclocking & benchmarking > Intel CPU Overclocking > Ivy Bridge (Z77) OC

Ivy Bridge (Z77) OC To 7Ghz and beyond!

Old 09-28-2013
construction bot

QuantumX
Default 3770K stuck at 6GHz

Hi people

I had a frustrating bench session today. I was testing my 3770K i got back from RMA for 4c/8t stability to run 3DMark06.

I used Cinebench as a baseline stability test so I could see what the CPU would AT LEAST be capable of for 06.

The chip scaled awesome, doing 5993MHz at only 1.55v for Cinebench with LN2! At 107x57 it froze. I rebooted and tried again, bumping the voltage to 1.6v with no luck.

The rest of the session I tried different blck and multi combinations, different temps, tuning secondary voltages and vcore up to 1.7v, and disabled HT, it would just not go more than 6GHz.

Later on I even ran 5900MHz 06 CPU test at -80degrees 1.55v, concluding that the CPU was definetely stable enough to be able to do 6100MHz at 1.7v -165degrees.

In the end I ran out of LN2 and ideas.

Is there maybe something I missed, or some kind of BIOS setting to fix this? (I'm using Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H with S3 BIOS)

It would be a shame if this chip isn't able to break 6GHz, because with 4c/8t 6000MHz 1.55v Cinebench it has very good potential to be 6400MHz 3DMark06 chip...

Old 09-28-2013
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator

der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer

Did you try a different board?
Old 09-28-2013
construction bot

QuantumX

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Did you try a different board?
No unfortunately I couldn't. This is the only board I have. Had a M5F but it seemed to kill my CPU's

If I have to get another motherboard I'll just sell this chip and go Haswell...