Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

User Tag List

Old 1 Day Ago
grunt bot

yosarianilives
Default Re: Have a single or a few stages for Xeons and titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
I'll put some thought to it this weekend. As a collector, it's sometimes hard for me to remain cognizant of what is reasonable to expect others to have or acquire for comps like this. Maybe I'm the only one here with Dempseys and nobody else is even remotely interested in going out and acquiring those old, hot, slow chips. (But historically fascinating seeing as how Woodcrest was released mere weeks later!)
I think it depends, I like the idea of doing stages by socket count, but I also kinda would prefer doing by socket and socket type if only because about the time I was looking at a quad socket g34 board and es opterons I realized that I'm 19 and even if I live at home I should probably reduce my OC budget a little. So it'd be nice to just have a stage where I could go to town on my sr-2 or on quad fx for a weekend or two with a few benches, especially if I end up finding a second phase for a really good price. But also it make sense to just do by socket count, cause otherwise it'd be a full stage for 1p 1366, a full stage for 2p 1366 etc. Anyways, whatever the comp ends up being I'll compete in the benches I have hw for, and if I can only hope to win that bench for that stage then so be it!
Old 1 Day Ago
grunt bot

Dead Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosarianilives View Post
I also kinda would prefer doing by socket and socket type
I fully agree - and this is how Jumper envisioned this thing to begin with in the OP. Would give us all a chance to focus in on a platform for a while and eek out as much performance from it as we can. The more I toy with ideas in my tiny brain, the more I keep coming back to this round-by-socket formula.
Old 17 Hours Ago
grunt bot

yosarianilives

Quote:
I fully agree - and this is how Jumper envisioned this thing to begin with in the OP. Would give us all a chance to focus in on a platform for a while and eek out as much performance from it as we can. The more I toy with ideas in my tiny brain, the more I keep coming back to this round-by-socket formula.
Yeah, I'd prefer the chance to really learn a socket instead of the hecticness of team comp where some platforms I had to learn in like an hour just to get them benched. But I'll be interested for whatever the comp ends up being.
Old 12 Hours Ago
robo cop

mr.paco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mr.paco Send a message via Skype™ to mr.paco

The one thing we have to keep in mind is that you cant have a comp based solely on what you or I may have.
It must be open as much as possible to allow for others that may have different HW to enjoy themselves as well.
Example being some of the HW I laid out in the comp I dont have, but it wont stop me from participating with what I do have .

We still have a few months to go before we try to get this up n running, so between now n then the stages and HW are open for any type of change &/or adjustments. I set it up just to get this going, because we can discus it all day n night but if nothing gets started it wont go any where.
I know not everyone will like what we end up with but thats always the case. I just want to see as many as can show up. Not very interested in a 1 or 2 man comp.
Old 10 Hours Ago
grunt bot

yosarianilives

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.paco View Post
The one thing we have to keep in mind is that you cant have a comp based solely on what you or I may have.
It must be open as much as possible to allow for others that may have different HW to enjoy themselves as well.
Example being some of the HW I laid out in the comp I dont have, but it wont stop me from participating with what I do have .

We still have a few months to go before we try to get this up n running, so between now n then the stages and HW are open for any type of change &/or adjustments. I set it up just to get this going, because we can discus it all day n night but if nothing gets started it wont go any where.
I know not everyone will like what we end up with but thats always the case. I just want to see as many as can show up. Not very interested in a 1 or 2 man comp.
That's partially why I was thinking doing a single socket per stage, cause a lot of people will see all the hw you need to do every bench for a stage and won't even bother even if they have an sr2. So doing a stage based around lga 1366 2p, or g34 4p for example would be much better.
Old 9 Hours Ago
robo cop

Pretty much that would limit it to 2 to 4 socket types correct?
Popular or not there are a lot of server socket types that some may have that others may not.

How about if everyone here each create 2-stages consisting of 5 benches each stage of whatever HW, Bechmark, limitations they would like to have included in the comp.
So far we have:
Jumper118, Dead Things, yosarianilives, unityofsaints, mr.paco, skulstaton, havli.
I believe that with the input of others that havent shown up yet should pretty much make most happy ( not all) with the out come.
That way everyone here can have what they want in the comp.
Old 9 Hours Ago
robo cop

Quote:
I may have misread it, but his actual request was to try and have a sever stage included in one of next big comps like Team Cup or Country Cup.

What we are trying to do here is put together a server only comp