Go Back   HWBOT forum > News > HWBOT Frontpage News

HWBOT Frontpage News Official HWBOT articles and frontpage news

Important! Windows 8/8.1/10 Allowed on Skylake + Clarification on Engineering Hardware

hwbot community competition task force

Message from the Head of Moderation, Christian Ney

After confirming our test data, the Windows 8/8.1/10 and Windows Server equivalents are now allowed for Skylake platforms. The General Rules and individual Benchmark Validation Regulations pages are in the process of being updated to reflect this new ruling.

In addition to the new rule, we have also updated the General Rules with a clear diagram detailing the use of Windows 8/8.1/10 and Server equivalents as well as the use of Engineering hardware. To re-iterate:

Current Gen ES is allowed only for Elite, or in case of disabled points. Old Gen ES is allowed for everyone. Unreleased Hardware is allowed only for Elite, or in case of disabled points. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, unreleased hardware and engineering sample hardware is not allowed for competitions. Be sure to check the competition rules for more information.

Windows 8/8.1/10 and Server equivalents is allowed for Skylake and all desktops and laptops without base clock tuning capabilities. Win 8/8.1/10 is allowed for CPU-Z benchmarks, XTU, GPUPI, HWBOT X265 Benchmark, and 3DMark(*). Win 8/8.1/10 is not allowed for the benchmarks not excluded by the above rules

For more information, please refer to the General Rules. If you have any questions, feedback or concerns, feel free to get in touch with our Staff and Volunteers.

Nov 5, 2015 - review - hwbot.org
Old 11-05-2015
george.kokovinis

Default Re: Important! Windows 8/8.1/10 Allowed on Skylake Clarification on Engineering Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
I think it might a better idea to just formulate that Skylake is the only platform to be used for 2D/3D benches with the new OSses. Maybe reverse the rules and tell what is allowed rather than inform what is not.
+1.
Old 11-05-2015
robo cop

Vinster
Default Re: Important! Windows 8/8.1/10 Allowed on Skylake Clarification on Engineering Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
I think it might a better idea to just formulate that Skylake is the only platform to be used for 2D/3D benches with the new OSses. Maybe reverse the rules and tell what is allowed rather than inform what is not.
I'm with ^, might be a shorter list...

Vin
Old 11-05-2015
Boss Player - Marketplace Mod

xxbassplayerxx is a jewel in the roughxxbassplayerxx is a jewel in the roughxxbassplayerxx is a jewel in the roughxxbassplayerxx is a jewel in the rough

Perhaps present that as the general rule but also have a sidebar saying if you really want to run 2D/3D on W8 and other chips, these are the detailed rules.

Easier isn't always better, especially when it can bar perfectly legitimate scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Ney
fu
Old 11-05-2015
TheMadDutchDude

I have a question. A team member of ours has reported this score a few times, but it has never been removed. It is to my understanding that ALL submissions MUST have Sys Info running and not have the 'timer is off' message present.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3017892_...80_73707_marks

Why is this score still online?

(Sorry to make an example of you, Bull).
Old 11-05-2015
Single Point of Contact

Christian Ney is on a distinguished road

Because it was made on Skylake
Old 11-05-2015
TheMadDutchDude

Ah, right, I see!!

My apologies.

There is a typo in the picture. I'm not sure what a 'systme' is.
Old 11-06-2015
Single Point of Contact

Christian Ney is on a distinguished road

Thanks, will fix.
Old 11-06-2015
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

It would be really good to have a little soft that trigger the latest updated Rules and give a green light or not to see if the system is complying with the rules. (then this could be then run by anyone and that would fetch the system) and have the list of step to do to be compliant.

Would not solve the issue, but maybe make it a bit easier for new comers.
Old 03-13-2016
maintenance bot

Cavemanthe0ne

What category is the new Realbench under? (For windows 10/8 RTC bug)
Old 03-13-2017
kitchen robot

Lio40

All ryzen not allowes on win 10? How should i have fun with this hobby when all amd's ar not allowed on win 10. So i have to use a "not supportet" os for the next 10jears? Some hardcore overclocker might be fine with using 2 os for this. But this way u put out all the beginner and team red guys. And if there is a 3d mark timespy competition i need to change the os every single time. I think you really need a better way to handle this